Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor & Detective Item Suggestions

So I got bored last night and started to browse the workshop for some potential T & D items that could work on the server. There was so much awful, overpowered  garbage. I found a list of a few items that could potentially work, however they'd need testing. Give your thoughts and feedback below. 

Inb4 people comment: "none of this is priority and we should focus on more important things"  Yeah no, this is a shitty argument and is worthless feedback.

1. Clairvoyancy: A detective item that when bought, allows the detective to see when someone dies if they're far away enough. They'll receive a vision of the body for 2 seconds, and then there is a 50% chance the body will be highlighted. Read the description for more details.
  2. Backstab Knife: Rather than an entirely new item, this is a change to an item. Make the knife only insta-kill when it's a backstab. Easy, simple, balanced.
  3. Adrenaline Shot: This one I'm a bit more wary of, but could be configured in case it's too op. Basically a shot that gives you a configurable amount of temporary HP (default 50) that decays every second.
  4. Barnacle: You ever watch the Yogscast ttt series? If so, you'll know what this is. It's the barnacle from half life 2, but as a T weapon. It's semi-invisible when placed to function as a trap.
  5. Blink: A T/D weapon that can be used to blink short distances.
  6. Golden Gun: Apparently people don't like this, you guys are weird. If traitors get one hit kill weapons(multiple, in fact), then I feel like the detective having 1 bullet that only kills traitors is fair.
  7. Boomerang: Might be a bit overpowered but I had to appeal to our local Aussies.
  8. Randomat: Again, if you've seen the Yogscast ttt series you know what this is. It's a D weapon that when used creates a random effect. This one is a bit of a stretch, and would probably need to be tweaked a bit as to not make it as powerful, but who knows?
  9. Handcuffs: Easy, simple, and fair. I don't know why detectives DON'T have this already. Only lasts 30 seconds, cannot be abused, only targets 1 person at a time, etc. Read the description.

That's all I found, but I wasn't looking super hard. Feel free to comment and feedback or potential additions. 

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Clairvoyancy looks pretty cool, I've never used it on any servers before. But I could get behind testing it out.
I do like the idea of the knife rework, though I do wonder how hitreg will treat that. Inb4 TF2 Facestabbing.
I personally would like to have the Adren Shot as a replacement to the Brawny Brew. As I do believe the perm effects of the Brew are kinda imba.
Blink is incredibly fun, though I feel it'll make jump pack's even more annoying. I think it's something to consider, but this is a cool & fun item.
The Golden Gun is kinda obvious, and would be a mess with the rules. Just seems like it'll create unnecessary loopholes.
Boomerang is basically a reusable insta-kill harpoon, and leaves no DNA. For those reasons, I'd be against adding it.
Handcuffs seems a little bit too much of a minge tool, as we already had the shock collar awhile back. I'd probably be against this one as well.

Don't really have an opinion on the Randomat nor Barnacle.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I can't speak for any of the suggestions besides the golden gun, which worked well on my last server, basically though a rule had to be implemented that the detective has to ask the player's permission before golden gunning them, unless of course said player has done something that is infact, kosable.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
I think the randomat would add even more problems, which I would definitely be down to see happen.
(12-11-2019, 05:12 PM)SNAK Wrote: I can't speak for any of the suggestions besides the golden gun, which worked well on my last server, basically though a rule had to be implemented that the detective has to ask the player's permission before golden gunning them, unless of course said player has done something that is infact, kosable.

Why though, It isn't really RDM if it kills a traitor. If you're wrong, it kills you instead. The fact that it only kills traitors means it's a T tester that also executes the person.

(12-11-2019, 05:16 PM)Mrporky02 Wrote: I think the randomat would add even more problems, which I would definitely be down to see happen.

It all depends on how configurable the addon is, I'm fairly sure you can pick and choose what events can/cannot happen and the chances of each happening. But I do understand that it probably isn't meant for public servers, but figured I'd add it just because.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I think it's a good rule of thumb to leave weapons that prohibit players' movement alone.
(12-11-2019, 05:19 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 05:12 PM)SNAK Wrote: I can't speak for any of the suggestions besides the golden gun, which worked well on my last server, basically though a rule had to be implemented that the detective has to ask the player's permission before golden gunning them, unless of course said player has done something that is infact, kosable.

Why though, It isn't really RDM if it kills a traitor. If you're wrong, it kills you instead. The fact that it only kills traitors means it's a T tester that also executes the person.

(12-11-2019, 05:16 PM)Mrporky02 Wrote: I think the randomat would add even more problems, which I would definitely be down to see happen.

It all depends on how configurable the addon is, I'm fairly sure you can pick and choose what events can/cannot happen and the chances of each happening. But I do understand that it probably isn't meant for public servers, but figured I'd add it just because.
We do slay people for rdming ts if u buy it and shoot a random t imo its still rdm especially if there wasn't a reason to shoot said player
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Agree with Near, the golden gun isn't a tester it's a weapon and you just die if you shoot an inno. I've seen it on servers and it's still rdm if you randomly shoot people.
Golden gun is perfect for us that have grandma hands and can't use a normal deagle ;^)
The way I see it, if the detective shoots someone inno, they die, if they shoot a T that wasn't KOS'd, they get an RDM on T punishment. Probably something huge I'm missing though, I remember it being discussed before and it was shot down.
Clairvoyance -> will lead to kos off location rdms;
backstab knife -> dont touch the knife;
adrenaline -> bad version of booze brew;
barnacle -> "victims cannot shoot while getting pulled", awful, lot of kos cause "didnt get pulled" issues worst than the T-turret ;
blink -> interesting, requires testing;
Golden gun -> "rdm or death" trolls; getting killed like this absolutely sucks and is worse than regular rdm;
boomerang -> interesting, requires testing;
randomatt -> whats it do?;
Handcuffs -> OP combo with tester;