Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets address some shit
Tbh I feel like some of the staff hold people applying for staff to higher standards than themselves. I see people using commands to mess with each other constantly and then the same people telling people they shouldn't be staff for trolling with commands.
So there are contributing factors from both sides of this, but how Dink/the admins approach things and how things have been handled are eventually the root of the problem and it creates an impasse. Sure, some members can stand to be more civil. But a lack of civility may not always be a bad thing. Let people argue and something may come out of it and understandings may be reached even if there is a lot going on during the argument. Closing threads at the slightest hint of heated argument doesn't solve the issue. It just temporarily shoves it out of the way. As for the administration, a lot of the issue comes from being absent or overworked mentally or both. And if you are, quite frankly, don't be admin. It's Dink's responsibility to get and keep administration that effectively administrates the community and maintain a level head doing so. But the admins lately have been anything from clouded by the tiredness in their judgments or just not going on the server because of the stress it brings. And, this is conjecture, but resignation, even if the only thing they want to do, is something that they are scared to do because what little they have the energy to do won't happen at all and they may be afraid of full community collapse if there is no one even slightly active with the role they have. So, if that is the case, it's up to you guys and Dink to work something out or get new adminship.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(02-03-2020, 11:42 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Tbh I feel like some of the staff hold people applying for staff to higher standards than themselves. I see people using commands to mess with each other constantly and then the same people telling people they shouldn't be staff for trolling with commands.

Everyone get ready for the end of the world, because I actually agree with thunderwalrus.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
(02-03-2020, 11:43 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 11:42 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Tbh I feel like some of the staff hold people applying for staff to higher standards than themselves. I see people using commands to mess with each other constantly and then the same people telling people they shouldn't be staff for trolling with commands.

Everyone get ready for the end of the world, because I actually agree with thunderwalrus.

Bro the time has come, can we be friends again? Im sorry for the wrongs I have wrought. Let us go together into the night.
Sent this in staff discord but was suggested to also put this here, even though these threads imo aren't accomplishing much of anything:

Staff needs to be responsible and mindful of their staff privileges and that they must set an example for members and newcomers. But, we also must understand that THIS IS A GAME. A game we all love, value, and respect but a game nonetheless. Meaning, we're still here to have fun. Tightening your grip on staff power use in regards to a mutually accepted joke between a staff member and member (or guest or other fellow staff) is only gonna make people fight against it more. To clarify, creating such a stringent box that a staff member must operate in will result, for a good amount of personality types, in resistance to that unwavering standard. There must be fluidity for people here, because (I speak for myself and I feel confident in saying a lot of people) we come on here to have fun. Therefore, having to constantly walk on eggshells with our position can (and confidently say will) create an environment of stress, self-doubt over every action taken, and most likely an influx of false abuse reports. I'm not naïve about human behavior, I understand that if some people are given an inch they will take a mile. So, that means we must reevaluate the way we investigate abuse reports concerning those situations, as well as a reevaluation of the punishments given and their severity if found guilty.
[Image: 2xSVh9p.gif]
Okay now that I'm not busy just to address things on my own end. 

The increase of toxicity (lack of better terms here) has been very brutal from regulars on top of the usual random trolls.
Specifically to @Laced Xanax - I will admit I was part of the problem with that. To be honest I wasn't sure why you wanted to come back, but it didn't bring much good with it from both of our ends. I was way too lenient because of bias. I thought you were just acting out because your feelings towards this server after your unban appeal from the community ban had taken place. I felt bad even though I was not involved, and that was what was wrong. Not that I could catch everything every time I was on. 

I myself am finding the hypocrisy though in some individuals though when they want to point out bias, when I myself have seen the same throughout my duration in this community. Not really the point though, I'm just going to lay out my faults. Pointing fingers really doesn't matter as long as you're aware of the situation, and can see improvement can be made. 

Coming back yesterday though it was clear from the start that things were still the same, and I was confused myself. I found myself questioning if certain rules were reverted back, and soon after had to scroll through much of staff chat to see that those rules stayed in place. With the staff that I was on with, we started to crack down. Letting the others know that for example those saying specific words that weren't allowed should be swiftly banned if it continued any more. It amazes me as well that it took this long. I was gone for what, a month and a half? Things were the same if not worse. 

This shit has been really taxing. Sorry for being part of the problem, but I hope I'm not the only one that realizes they are. At this point I can only grow from here.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
Honestly I think all this drama and maddness will actually bring the community closer together. People are realizing things need to adjust themselves quickly or all will be lost. No one wants the community to fall apart, so I think everyone is getting a real wake up call, both players and staff. I only hope for the best, things are heated currently, but everything subsides with time. Now that all that bottled up frustration is out in the open, people can actually express how they feel and get shit off there chest.

Eventually, you gotta shuffle yourself thru the bad shit too get yourself into a good place.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
One of the things that stands out for me is that Mr. Nuru, a ph person (no disrespect) is responding to ttt problems more than the ttt staff.
(02-04-2020, 12:51 AM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: One of the things that stands out for me is that Mr. Nuru, a ph person (no disrespect) is responding to ttt problems more than the ttt staff.

mr nuru
(02-04-2020, 01:00 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(02-04-2020, 12:51 AM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: One of the things that stands out for me is that Mr. Nuru, a ph person (no disrespect) is responding to ttt problems more than the ttt staff.

mr nuru

lol I'm not going to fix that