Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Roles? Maybe?
How does people feel about Custom Roles such as the Serial Killer, Jester, and Infected? I played a server with them added and it was enjoyable, so I wanted to know if this server would add it or no. 

It will probably be a no, but I figured I would ask anyway to see if it could happen.
This was talked about before. If we were to add more roles, I feel like it would have to be in another ttt server
yeah another sever with a smaller player count. It would be better to call it a mafia server too
This would be a good Murder suggestion but i don't think TTT is going to do well with this kind of addon
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(02-20-2020, 08:56 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: This was talked about before. If we were to add more roles, I feel like it would have to be in another ttt server

Eh, makes sense.

(02-20-2020, 09:22 PM)Foxka Wrote: This would be a good Murder suggestion but i don't think TTT is going to do well with this kind of addon

However I have played with it on a TTT server, it was extremely fun to use
There are a few issues with this:
  1. It would require TTT2, as native TTT does not support custom roles. TTT2 is incompatible with several of our addons and is also in beta.
  2. The amount of rules and work to implement these rules in a public server is the main and biggest reason there aren't more servers that have these custom roles. They are not well balanced and are suited more for private play with friends, not random strangers who barely follow regular rules.
  3. Not everyone wants this. People join to play regular TTT, perhaps a smaller server with these custom roles could work, but again go back to issue 2. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(02-20-2020, 11:01 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: There are a few issues with this:
  1. It would require TTT2, as native TTT does not support custom roles. TTT2 is incompatible with several of our addons and is also in beta.
  2. The amount of rules and work to implement these rules in a public server is the main and biggest reason there aren't more servers that have these custom roles. They are not well balanced and are suited more for private play with friends, not random strangers who barely follow regular rules.
  3. Not everyone wants this. People join to play regular TTT, perhaps a smaller server with these custom roles could work, but again go back to issue 2. 

If I recall, at one point TTT had a power round system that included some custom roles. I wasn't very invested in it at the time, so I don't remember if it was an actual feature or just a suggestion, but in any case, I remember the admins saying no.
(02-21-2020, 12:51 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-20-2020, 11:01 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: There are a few issues with this:

If I recall, at one point TTT had a power round system that included some custom roles. I wasn't very invested in it at the time, so I don't remember if it was an actual feature or just a suggestion, but in any case, I remember the admins saying no.

pretty sure pr addon is borked
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Just replace dr with the custom roles ttt. custom roles are actually fun and dr is pretty much dead anyways.
Special round still works, mostly

Also imagine trying to write rules with a role like jester

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon