Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Following
(02-24-2020, 09:45 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 09:38 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: yes exploit and get gud. don't let them shoot you. In all seriousness, its not difficult to fucking lose people man. Just hop around the corner or draw them into crowded areas so they can't do shit.

This is highly improbable because most of the time its when you're couple of innos and the T's are trying to finish you off

and if someone sees you duck around a corner, what will the do?
Maybe follow you around that corner?
But that's crazy talk, right?
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
yikes imagine not being able to just "hop" away from the asshole T that buys a knife and stabs the closest person to him not even 5 seconds into the round couldn't be me
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(02-24-2020, 09:50 PM)Near Wrote: yikes imagine not being able to just "hop" away from the asshole T that buys a knife and stabs the closest person to him not even 5 seconds into the round couldn't be me

Reminds me of the time some fuckhead shot an explosive barrel next to me the moment the round started and I died at 00:00
Well people wold just bitch about you walking in the same direction as them as "following" people might manipulate the rule and shoot someone for it who wasn't following them it would also be annoying for staff to have to find where they followed you and you warned them.
I will admit I see this thread pop up each month it seems. That being said yes I can look into discussing it. It's a little more complicated than just slapping "if u follow me and I warn u i kos you haha" on the rules. Rule changes aren't small things but we will discuss them soon. I'll throw it on the ol' to-do list when I get around to finalizing what I want THAT to look like. Thank you for the suggestion Foxka
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Nah I think this just makes things more nooby, if someone is following you, either get somewhere public and keep your gun on them. The 3 warning rule is a big grey area, for a few reasons, one being not everyone plays with sound, so if someone tells someone to stop following on the mic, they will not hear it and be killed, and vice versa, alot of people don't read chat. Same result if called in chat.

Secondly, you have people like LacedXanex who are bhopping around the map 24/7, it's not fair if he can just go flying by and then call "stop following me warning one" theres just too many loopholes for this and there are just far to many trolls who will just use it as a reason to kill people.

Good example situation of this abusing the 3 warning rule,

Me and another player hear gunshots, we start running towards it too investigate. We are both heading towards the same thing, but he is slightly ahead of me, he starts yelling "stop following or KOS" I now am restricted from heading towards a potentional traitor kill because some n00b wants to take up the entire hallway.

No thanks boys, keep it how it is.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(02-24-2020, 11:30 PM)SNAK Wrote: Nah I think this just makes things more nooby, if someone is following you, either get somewhere public and keep your gun on them. The 3 warning rule is a  big grey area, for a few reasons,  one being not everyone plays with sound, so if someone tells someone to stop following on the mic, they will not hear it and be killed, and vice versa, alot of people don't read chat. Same result if called in chat.

Secondly, you have people like LacedXanex  who are bhopping around the map 24/7, it's not fair if he can just go flying by and then call "stop following me warning one" theres just too many loopholes for this and there are just far to many trolls who will just use it as a reason to kill people.

Me and another player hear gunshots, we start running  towards it too investigate. We are both heading towards the same thing, but he is slightly ahead of me, he starts yelling "stop following or KOS" I now am restricted from heading towards a potentional traitor kill because some n00b wants to take up the entire hallway.

The rule would be more like it is now, only difference being calling 3 warnings before you KOS instead of sus. 

Given your scenario that you provided, there is nobody stupid enough here to tell you to stop following them after you both run towards gunfire. Assuming that there is somebody like this, you tell him you're not following him and that you're hesding towards the sounds of gunfire. If he kills you anyways, that's on him and I'd go as far to say it's RDM if he's not a T.

Obviously every situation is different and staff will have to use discretion. I don't see the harm in at least trying this.

also who's LacedXanex lol
(02-25-2020, 06:16 AM)zoom Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 11:30 PM)SNAK Wrote: Nah I think this just makes things more nooby, if someone is following you, either get somewhere public and keep your gun on them. The 3 warning rule is a  big grey area, for a few reasons,  one being not everyone plays with sound, so if someone tells someone to stop following on the mic, they will not hear it and be killed, and vice versa, alot of people don't read chat. Same result if called in chat.

Secondly, you have people like LacedXanex  who are bhopping around the map 24/7, it's not fair if he can just go flying by and then call "stop following me warning one" theres just too many loopholes for this and there are just far to many trolls who will just use it as a reason to kill people.

Me and another player hear gunshots, we start running  towards it too investigate. We are both heading towards the same thing, but he is slightly ahead of me, he starts yelling "stop following or KOS" I now am restricted from heading towards a potentional traitor kill because some n00b wants to take up the entire hallway.

The rule would be more like it is now, only difference being calling 3 warnings before you KOS instead of sus. 

Given your scenario that you provided, there is nobody stupid enough here to tell you to stop following them after you both run towards gunfire. Assuming that there is somebody like this, you tell him you're not following him and that you're hesding towards the sounds of gunfire. If he kills you anyways, that's on him and I'd go as far to say it's RDM if he's not a T.

Obviously every situation is different and staff will have to use discretion. I don't see the harm in at least trying this.

Imagine staff having to *gasp* DO THEIR FUCKING JOBS.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(02-25-2020, 06:39 AM)Saitama Wrote: Imagine staff having to *gasp* DO THEIR FUCKING JOBS.

time out bro, that hits too close to home
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(02-25-2020, 06:16 AM)zoom Wrote:

in  the perfect world ok, but when it comes down too it, its word vs word, I'm running towards him, he warns me  three times, even though I proceed to tell him  I'm NOT following him and heading towards something, and he still kills me. Now, if you are in the shoe's of the staff member, you now have to do so much  investigation work too find out who's telling the truth, and even if I am telling the truth, isen't it a double negative outcome? Technically he has the right to kill me after warning 3 times, as suggested by this thread. Though my intentions weren't too follow him, I was still TECHNICALLY following.

and at the end of the day, technically triumphs over intentionally was doing. The staff's RDM manager video playback will show someone following someone and it being a clear cut deal. You cannot see intentions, all you can see is what ACTUALLY is occuring. I have been playing TTT for about 2,000 hrs of my 3.5k hrs in gmod. Every server that I played on that has the "3 warning till I KOS" there has been soo many people who take advantage it to simply score easy kills and use it too an unfair advantage. For another good example, who is to decide how much time is given between each warning? 321 yer dead in 2 seconds kind of warnings? Long, time given warnings that are eventually forgotten? Who decides on this? All the staff would have to collectively agree on it, or else this would just be gray area'd and furthermore abused.

The whole thing is messy. I understand the opposing views on this though, yes, someone is blatently a traitor and is probably going to follow you and kill you, and you know it. I say just be ready for it?

I for one like to follow people intently and spook them out 9/10s  when I'm not the traitor because it brings me some small joy in how some people react too it. I don't feel like I should be told too go away 3 times before I'm killed if all I'm really doing is unpleasantly side kicking with someone.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]