Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Killing/tossing
(04-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: Haven't read it, but he does have a point. Literally fucking type !report in chat and theres a fucking tab that says logs before your death even if theres no log of you dying, you can still look at death scenes around the timeframe that you died to figure out who or what killed you.
The only difference between round logs between players and staff is that you cant access full logs until the round ends.

Maybe you should have read it instead of being an ass towards someone who's voicing their opinion on something that they want to be changed. 

Let's say you die at the very beginning of the round. Nobody else dies for at least 30 seconds. I wanna say death scenes last around 10-15 seconds. There's nothing you can do. Yes, in a lot of cases you can look in the death scenes around your time of death, but there are also a lot of times where that's simply not an option. Don't be a dick towards people who want help when you don't know the topic of discussion.
(04-12-2020, 02:20 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: Haven't read it, but he does have a point. Literally fucking type !report in chat and theres a fucking tab that says logs before your death even if theres no log of you dying, you can still look at death scenes around the timeframe that you died to figure out who or what killed you.
The only difference between round logs between players and staff is that you cant access full logs until the round ends.

Maybe you should have read it instead of being an ass towards someone who's voicing their opinion on something that they want to be changed. 

Let's say you die at the very beginning of the round. Nobody else dies for at least 30 seconds. I wanna say death scenes last around 10-15 seconds. There's nothing you can do. Yes, in a lot of cases you can look in the death scenes around your time of death, but there are also a lot of times where that's simply not an option. Don't be a dick towards people who want help when you don't know the topic of discussion.

i wasnt trying to be an ass, but ok. i only said what i thought because i have no actual part in this entire chain thread over propkilling and his statement stuck out to me.
yes, theres nothing you can do about stuff that occurs at the start of the round, but i was treating this as if it was in the middle of the round since the majority of people dont go flinging props around at start with no one noticing.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(04-11-2020, 06:05 PM)Christian Wrote:
  • If you're throwing a prop at a propkillable velocity, you are asking to be killed.
  • If you're shooting around a player with the intent to T-Bait, you are asking to be killed.
  • If you're attempting to push a player off the map to their death, you are asking to be killed.

I myself consider the above T-Baiting, whether if the rules say that or not. You can't tell me that all these things aren't similar at all. It's for the best that it should be clarified as T-Baiting. As I'm sure people don't really know how to handle it unless the player kills another with a prop. Otherwise, I don't really gonna care if 2 players are fucking around and fighting with props. So long as the props aren't being thrown at me, or at others doing nothing.

Literally just use common sense. I completely agree with, and use, what Christian has laid out here. I mean, it's essentially the same thing as shooting someone. This is being blown out of proportion like nobody's business. Please, please, just use your brain when you take things like this to the forums. If you get prop killed, report it --- use proof. If you're killed by a T, too bad. Honestly, the more you complain about the situation the less I care about your whining. -- that's directed at the people who have made numerous forum posts literally whining. ---

I do agree that it should be considered T-Baiting but only if it's at a certain speed or pretty obvious that they're trying to prop kill you.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator

Just gonna leave this here, sorry saltama you know what you're doing
[Image: InfiniteMildDuck-max-1mb.gif]
[Image: WYtXhuo.png]
(04-13-2020, 11:54 AM)GO DAWGS SIC EM Wrote:
Just gonna leave this here, sorry saltama you know what you're doing

dying in video game? impossible, admins ban now
If you all are gonna shitpost about me, at least do it in the shitpost thread.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Propkilling has lately been abused by players and staff to kill other players. AFK players, nwe players, and other players who are attempting to play the game. It's getting out of control, and I think propkilling should be against the rules as it is not an intentional feature of the game (unless you download plugins which allow you to launch props at high velocities. This would fix a lot of problems of players RDMing each other with no evidence of prop RDM appearing in the logs.
(04-14-2020, 03:27 AM).ceebeast Wrote: Propkilling has lately been abused by players and staff to kill other players. AFK players, nwe players, and other players who are attempting to play the game. It's getting out of control, and I think propkilling should be against the rules as it is not an intentional feature of the game (unless you download plugins which allow you to launch props at high velocities. This would fix a lot of problems of players RDMing each other with no evidence of prop RDM appearing in the logs.

Bhopping isn't an intentional feature of the game. Spamming crouch jump to put half of your hitbox in the ceiling isn't an intentional feature of the game. Propsurfing isn't an intentional feature of the game. Unless you're also arguing for these to be against the rules as well, then I don't see the point of outlawing something that's fun because a few bad apples abuse it.

Propkilling really isn't as big of a problem as everybody's making it seem. If I were a new player, I'd read this and think the entire server is propkilling all map, every map, which isn't the case. It's a few people propkilling either each other, or in rare cases, RDMing.
(04-14-2020, 03:27 AM).ceebeast Wrote: Propkilling has lately been abused by players and staff to kill other players. AFK players, nwe players, and other players who are attempting to play the game. It's getting out of control, and I think propkilling should be against the rules as it is not an intentional feature of the game (unless you download plugins which allow you to launch props at high velocities. This would fix a lot of problems of players RDMing each other with no evidence of prop RDM appearing in the logs.

I may have a radical opinion; however, I believe killing people with guns should be made against the rules and only prop killing allowed. I understand this is a radical point of view, but I feel my input can be appreciated by some. 

In today's society, guns often represent an ideology of violence, which I feel is often disregarding in the prop killing debate. We have many young children on this server such as Daegan and Lycan who are still in the developmental stage of their lives and pushing this right-wing agenda to support guns in gmod servers should be frowned upon.

In addition, guns often provide an unfair advantage for many players on the server. One example that I'm sure everyone knows is aeth0r; after hours of time spent on the battlefield of gmod TTT, I have never seen aeth0r die to another mans gun. However, I have killed him multiple times with a flying barrel. Also recently, there has been an uprising of a group called the "homies." This group is made up of only the most skilled gmod TTT players, with aeth0r being one of them. When this group is online, their unwavering dedication to obtaining DNA and calling sus on every player on the server is insurmountable. More profound is their dedication to each other, often reaffirming the claim that "it's not gay to kiss the homies." While I approve this groups support of the LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual) community, I feel guns give them and unfair advantage.

This is why I believe prop killing is a vital cog in maintaining the tik tok of the gmod TTT battle ground.
[Image: InfiniteMildDuck-max-1mb.gif]
[Image: WYtXhuo.png]
(04-14-2020, 07:03 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Bhopping isn't an intentional feature of the game. Spamming crouch jump to put half of your hitbox in the ceiling isn't an intentional feature of the game. Propsurfing isn't an intentional feature of the game. Unless you're also arguing for these to be against the rules as well, then I don't see the point of outlawing something that's fun because a few bad apples abuse it.

Propkilling really isn't as big of a problem as everybody's making it seem. If I were a new player, I'd read this and think the entire server is propkilling all map, every map, which isn't the case. It's a few people propkilling either each other, or in rare cases, RDMing.

I shall address your points in order:

1) Bhoppers are a pain in the ass to hit

2) Crouchspam should certainly be considered an exploit, as it makes headshots on the spammer IMPOSSIBLE, while they can still headshot you

3) Propsurfing doesn't kill other people, now does it.

4) You are correct, in that propkilling doesn't occur every map. HOWEVER, that is more a factor of the fact that not all maps have props than anything else.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]