Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application for Staff Position
Ingame Name: [green]link, [Pink] Daddy [Green] Link, [Green]Link*, [Green]Link [Yellow]Daddy, [Green]Link

Steam ID: STEAM ID: 0:0:65260058

Time Played: 229hrs 19mins

When First Joined: April 25, 2018

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Monday-Friday 5pm-9/10pm; Saturday-Sunday @ different times but usually 4pm-10pm at least; during the week anytime I have free time and want to hunt props! I am in the discord and have notifications on for Dink's so can be reached there as well.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular/Donor

What can you do to help the community?: I have been incredibly active on the prop hunt server as of late and I plan to keep it that way for the forseeable future. The most important thing to me is not allowing ghosters/cheaters/trolls ruin the server for everyone else and I know that I could do a fair and honest job of keeping them in check. I have learned a lot from watching other staff members in action and from reading entries on the forums.

Why do you want to help the community?: Dink's Prop Hunt server has been my go-to Garry's Mod server for a while. Most of my time played on GMod is on Dink's prop hunt!! My motivation for helping the community is to maintain a chill server while having a great time. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): No

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes

How did you find us?: I opened up GMod and selected the Prop-Hunt list in the Multiplayer menu. Dink's was one of the most populated servers so I clicked on it to check it out and the rest is history! Glad I found this server :)

Other: Thanks for reading! :D 

- link
missing an intro friendo
[Image: J6yUs0g]
As much as I'd like to +1 you, happy is right, you don't meet the requirements. I'd also like to add that I've seen you AFK for an extended period of time, I recommend working on that, as I've seen you go afk for nearly an entire map if not nearly.

85 Hours of Active Playtime on the Server
1 Month in the Community
An Introduction Thread on the Forums
A Waiting Period of One Month Between Applications. (N/A)
Recording Software or the Ability to Screenshot
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(11-07-2020, 08:49 PM)Alora Wrote: As much as I'd like to +1 you, happy is right, you don't meet the requirements. I'd also like to add that I've seen you AFK for an extended period of time, I recommend working on that, as I've seen you go afk for nearly an entire map if not nearly.

85 Hours of Active Playtime on the Server
1 Month in the Community
An Introduction Thread on the Forums
A Waiting Period of One Month Between Applications. (N/A)
Recording Software or the Ability to Screenshot
Thank you for your honesty. I will work on that!
Please include previous names, your current name only doesn't meet time requirements.  

This is your steam ID: STEAM_0:0:65260058
I’ve played with you a couple times. You’ve been helpful and have made my experience fun. You do what you need to do as a Donor. Although I have seen you AFK for extended periods of time which could be a bit of an issue if some issues arise and you’re not there to help. But all round you’ve helped me quite a bit and handled stuff appropriately when I’ve been on. If you can improve on trying to minimise your time being AFK which is quite easily managed it would’ve been a definite +1. But in this case I will have to be neutral +0 for me. You’ve got all the qualities I’ve seen from other staff members and I thank you for all of your help.
Good luck with your application - Schneidz111 (better known as the Aussie who plays mind games as a prop.)
Hey Link!

I would love to have you on the team but here is some feedback from me!
* you tend to go AFK in game quite a bit, that is something you can easily work on
* When staff are on, I need ya to just step back a bit. I get you're super eager to help out, and that is great, but please allow us to determine what is and isnt appropriate and what needs to be done. I have noticed a few times in game someone would gently touch on a topic and you're quick to tell them to move on from it and that its not okay - just watch the staff! Watch how we handle and discuss certain things in the game.
* Figure out which ones are trolls and which ones aren't - sometimes topics go a little askew with you and its tough to determine which ones are the trolls and which are good. (pst, I'm still working on that too so its okay)

In all, I think if you work on these things and what others have/may say - I think you'd be a good addition :) so I am going to sit at neutral right now

Good luck!
Go away
Hey Link

You've been around for a while now and it's great to see you'd like to join us on the staff team. 

An introduction thread has now been done so thank you for that. 

I think you need a little more time to see how staffing works effectively. It's hard to find the balance between fun and keeping the server chilled, as we don't want to put players off coming to the server but it is important to know when to step in if they go too far.

Going AFK is definitely an issue we don't want for staff members as people could think you are there and expect you to handle a situation. If you are going to step away from the game it's best to leave and come back when you are ready, unless you know its only going to be a short time. 

A few little improvements and I think you'd be a good asset to the team. 

-1 for now though

Pix  Heart
[Image: unknown.jpg]
First I will state I've met you maybe twice on server and it was brief so all I am about to say is merely advice. 

I think it would be beneficial for you to become more involved on forums or familiar with them. As staff we do a lot on forums as for rule/punishment verification and filling out ban request. I think it would help you to spend some time browsing the forums and rules section of PH. 

Another beneficial thing would be discord presence and communication with not only the community but staff as well. Pinging staff with server issues or just asking a question when uncertain will help the staff team/community get to know you better. 

Again, I haven't interacted with you enough to give a vote so I'll leave these suggestions with you. 

Best of luck Link, glad to see you wanting to help out more in the community.
Hey Link,

Glad to have met you and see that you want to help out more. From what I seen you do have the right attitude when it comes to a staffing role, you help out any questions that some players may have and you handle the trolls pretty well. I would also like to give you a 1+ for having potential, its just those few things you need to work on, as stated before. If you work on interacting with the forums more and being afk less, I'm sure you would do great on the staff team. but for now its a 1-

Best of luck