Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If TTT is so good, why isn't there a TTT 2?
Just a quick update: Pointshop 2 works. That and damagelogs were the 2 big addons(at least suggested to me anyway) that  needed to work. So now it's mostly up to Dink and if he wants to explore further options with this. He has stated that he has looked into it before, but I am unaware of how much. I suggest bringing it to the test server(once the weapon update is live so people can test it without issue) and figuring out an exact list of addons that work and do not work.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Test server would be a good way to judge yes

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
More importantly make sure that the databases transfer over properly for ps2 as well
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(01-11-2020, 05:43 PM)Foxka Wrote: More importantly make sure that the databases transfer over properly for ps2 as well

It isn't an entire new gamemode, it's just a big overhaul for base TTT so there shouldn't be any transferring at all
I cannot see any problem with this, so long as it is tested. If we do this we do need to look at some more controversial issues (I'm looking at you, jumppack) and decide if we want to carry them over.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(01-12-2020, 05:31 PM)Saitama Wrote: I cannot see any problem with this, so long as it is tested. If we do this we do need to look at some more controversial issues (I'm looking at you, jumppack) and decide if we want to carry them over.

I do not believe anything needs to be carried over because TTT2 isnt a separate game mode, rather it's simply an addon.
It has horrible documentation, is still in beta, part of the benefit of something like this is that it is constantly being updated. However that would require someone on our side to keep up-to-date, which won’t happen. I wouldn’t recommend it be used for this community at this point.
(01-12-2020, 07:10 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: It has horrible documentation, is still in beta, part of the benefit of something like this is that it is constantly being updated. However that would require someone on our side to keep up-to-date, which won’t happen. I wouldn’t recommend it be used for this community at this point.

What do you mean by horrible documentation? Just confused about that point.

For the rest, I don't believe that's as large of an issue as you make it out to be. It's not actively updating every week, in fact by looking at the workshop its last update was the beginning of October. If the addon updates every few months, I'm sure it won't be that much work to occasionally update it.
(01-12-2020, 07:40 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 07:10 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: It has horrible documentation, is still in beta, part of the benefit of something like this is that it is constantly being updated. However that would require someone on our side to keep up-to-date, which won’t happen. I wouldn’t recommend it be used for this community at this point.

For the rest, I don't believe that's as large of an issue as you make it out to be. It's not actively updating every week, in fact by looking at the workshop its last update was the beginning of October. If the addon updates every few months, I'm sure it won't be that much work to occasionally update it.
Documentation wise, myself as a developer I look for more intricate documentation than what most people look for. Which they are lacking, the stuff I’m looking for makes the addon easier to troubleshoot. Basically all that necessary documentation is missing, and nobody wants to go though that projects code and reverse engineer to fix issues.

On the update side, steam workshop isn’t the best place to look for the most up to date stuff. The TTT2 github is much more up-to-date. They update it multiple times a week. 

https://github.com/TTT-2/TTT2
(01-12-2020, 08:46 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 07:40 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:

Documentation wise, myself as a developer I look for more intricate documentation than what most people look for. Which they are lacking, the stuff I’m looking for makes the addon easier to troubleshoot. Basically all that necessary documentation is missing, and nobody wants to go though that projects code and reverse engineer to fix issues.

On the update side, steam workshop isn’t the best place to look for the most up to date stuff. The TTT2 github is much more up-to-date. They update it multiple times a week. 

https://github.com/TTT-2/TTT2

Fair. I do see what you mean. I do know there is a discord that's fairly active, which isn't as good as documentation but at least there is something. I do still believe in at least trying it out, as I feel like the changes would be quite welcome. As stated in Gabe's super long post I do not want to read again, player count is starting to dip. While yeah Gmod is a 15 year old game, I do have hope that changes like the Weapons Update, New Maps, and possibly even this could go a long way into getting people back in to play. Sort of dramatic, I know, but hey it's a suggestion afterall.

Thank you for the input though, your expertise is quite valuable and you know far more than I do.