Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Suggestion
I was curious on the possibility of having a model added into the shop. Model from The Witcher, Yennifer. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...xt=witcher

this one is the simplest one but I'm not sure what would qualify a model so I found a second model.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...xt=witcher

this one has multiple skins, I really don't know how that works either.
Cool skins, but good lord the filesize  :(
(02-28-2020, 06:07 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Cool skins, but good lord the filesize  :(

do both link have large files?  :(
These models are nice but are typically not built for TTT in mind and can possibly have bad hitboxes. Could look it but 13mbs is fairly large for a model. We wouldn't really want a pack of models.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(02-28-2020, 08:08 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: These models are nice but are typically not built for TTT in mind and can possibly have bad hitboxes.  Could look it but 13mbs is fairly large for a model. We wouldn't really want a pack of models.

not much bigger than daedric but I honestly don't know how file sizes impact and what size files to look for
(02-28-2020, 11:14 PM)Lionetta Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 08:08 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: -trimmed-

not much bigger than daedric but I honestly don't know how file sizes impact and what size files to look for

Daedric is a old model it's been here for at least 2 years most likely longer

You mostly want to look for models with good hitboxes and small file sizes(nicol can probably give you a good range to pick for size.) Things to avoid are giant files since they have multiple variants of models, ragdolls, npcs, and finally the actual player model.The problem with gmod models are how many modes there are and what exactly that model is designed for. In my experience the larger packs are generally used for sandbox or if the server owner doesn't care about how quickly people load in.(most people won't wait 10-20 minutes to load in a ttt server) Going in and ripping out portions of the addons is possible, but there would be extra steps in adding the model to the server.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Model Packs can easily be separated, without having to add the whole collection. It would all come down to how big the individual model is, and so long as the hitboxes are good.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]