Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dirty dan
(02-26-2020, 12:57 AM)Dirty Dan Wrote: Good evening Dinks Gmod,
               I want to start off and apologize for ungagging myself a few times. As an admin I understand that other donors see this and then think that they can do it themselves but I did this for a few reasons and this is the only way I can get the point across. First off, staff shouldn't be gagging players just because they use a voice changers. There are players that want to disguise their voice because they have been bullied before just by talking. I have also seen players targeted all because they are a female and then player just stops talking. Voice changers help hide the innocent as well as are fun to use every now and then for a good laugh. My second point is staff are quick to use their power against players. I should be able to join a server and goof off a little and not have the book thrown at me. The point of staff member is to have some one there to herd the players and protect them against trolls, hackers, and players straying far from the rules. The rules are set in place for guide lines. They are there but are meant to be bent so that people can still can have fun. I myself do not get on the servers because I am an admin, I play because its fun and I want others to have fun and enjoy themselves. I conclude with this, I think the rules should be revaluated and voice changers should be allowed as long as the player using is not spamming/singing in the mic. On the staff side off things I believe the staff should lighten up and relax like Dinkleberg post not to long ago.
                                                                   Thanks, Dirty Daniel

I will chime in with some input about the whole ttt ban.  Looking back and finding the discussion/evidence from that time, you were banned for constantly using a voice changer/soundboard and ungagging yourself multiple times after staff gagged you and told you to stop, as well as gagging/muting staff.  Another part of your ban was that you were constantly ungagging another player after staff gagged them for mic spamming/singing into their mic.  I will also mention I find it a bit hypocritical that you're saying we should allow voice changers for females because they get targeted/harassed when part of your ban on ttt was because you kept gagging/muting a female staff member while they were being harassed by other trolls; as a female and a staff in the community I find this reasoning ridiculous (that's my own opinion) and if someone is getting harassed on the servers, then we as staff should handle it.  

We have rules for a reason, and breaking/bending those rules set a bad precedence for other players in the community (an issue that was happening more recently in ttt where things were relaxed a bit and players thought they were above the rules causing a lot of issues);  I would hate to see ph go down the same route.  While it's fine to want to discuss rule changes, breaking/bending rules and ungagging yourself for your convenience should never happen.  I would suggest going on from here, if you do want to see the rules change, make a new thread about it so the community can discuss it and propose something to Dink if the majority think something needs change.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~

Messages In This Thread
dirty dan - by Andre - 02-25-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: dirty dan - by RussEfarmer - 02-25-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: dirty dan - by 5Ginger - 02-25-2020, 11:29 PM
RE: dirty dan - by Battons - 02-25-2020, 11:55 PM
RE: dirty dan - by augmENTreality2 - 02-26-2020, 12:11 AM
RE: dirty dan - by §bStarling☆ - 02-26-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: dirty dan - by RussEfarmer - 02-26-2020, 12:29 AM
RE: dirty dan - by Dirty Dan - 02-26-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: dirty dan - by RussEfarmer - 02-26-2020, 01:20 AM
RE: dirty dan - by TheUltraFish - 02-26-2020, 12:52 PM