Poll: Shoutbox?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yay
72.22%
13 72.22%
Nay
27.78%
5 27.78%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating the Forums
Have a new forum site
Enjin->this shit->something else maybe

i mean if we really cant do anything about this forum then we can move to a new one where we can actually change/fix shit.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
I don't see changing forums being necessary, it's not THAT fucked up. On the very slight chance that it happens in the future though, I recommend this forum software. Might be remembering wrong though
pretty sure some of the bigger things such as gametrackers section would require someone with FULL backend access & access to the code (Dink or Juan) considering that's how the discord widget had to be removed. Same with the "warnings" new people get, I'm pretty sure either queef or ted have already made a fix for that and it just has to be uploaded by one of them(I think). The more minor stuff admins can probably do
Put a shoutbox poll

For my own notes and @daeganislegit I did figure the calendar out, but the header only wants 5 at a time so dunno if anything will be swapped out

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I know that admins have to enroll with an administrator account. Do those accounts have any special access to things on the forums that other regular accounts might not be able to access?
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
The accounts have a lot of access, yes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Im going to construct this post to keep tabs on projects. May make a full thread along with the forum specific section and transfer this
Red is not started or some roadblock 
Orange is actively being worked on or a solution known but pending
Green is solution implemented

The "About Us" Section only lists that "we have a TTT and PH server, come visit them sometime"  This could be updated to "We have a TTT, PH, DR, and a Murder server, come visit them sometime"
Completed this early. The wording is updated, along with the gametracker and launch links added for both Murder and DR. The Theme selector is currently in the bottom left corner for the moment. Might move that again idk

The Gametrackers could include all four servers, instead of just TTT and PH.
Technically all four gametrackers are on the forums at the bottome of the page now. Still looking into adding the other two on the sidebar.

The Announcement bar could be updated with things that are going on in the community, and also need to be updated to remove very old announcements.
Cleanup and section pending time

- The report window when reporting a post, profile or reputation appears in an unusable position
Not started

- That one PHP error that appears for new people
Have a way to fix this when its reported, but not to head off the issue itself. Might be related to forums needing to update or messing with the plugin

- Have a more obvious place for the "Missing your rank?" thread
Not started yet, likely to have a new forum specific sub category for this, rules, and support in general

- Whatever is happening here
Rep plugin big dumb, haven't started digging for this issue or related

- Spoiler tags would be really cool  <3
Not started

- Update the ticker
Not started - expected to be simple

- Bring back the shitshoutbox
A little more split among the admins, but overall community vote wanted it back. Behave.

- Potentially have the site portal as the home page
Not started - personally don't think we should, but if given enough feedback maybe

- Decrease the logo resolution so the printable pages are actually usable 
Not started

Rules on rep manipulation
Pending finished writing

Calendar in header
Solution/where to edit found. This may not happen though unless I find a way to fit 6 icons without breaking the page

Favicon
This should work. Looks like to me it has been honestly, will get more feedback for ted on where its breaking if it still is

Admin accounts
Unless changed, done

Redirect
My attempt broke things. Low priority

Mark all as read button on bottom of page
Still invisible. Might can force a fix, but to properly do it I need to dig a lot

Theme selector for mobile
Added. I actually forgot this was a problem. No more getting stuck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If dr has gban set up, can a link to it be added on the forums with the others?
(03-02-2020, 06:01 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: If dr has gban set up, can a link to it be added on the forums with the others?

I'm not aware of a web portal for either Murder or DR, but they do both have gbans.
(03-02-2020, 06:26 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 06:01 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: If dr has gban set up, can a link to it be added on the forums with the others?

I'm not aware of a web portal for either Murder or DR, but they do both have gbans.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/drbans/

I couldnt successfully guess the murder link