Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Killing/tossing
(04-11-2020, 07:41 PM)Froge Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:59 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 09:14 PM)Froge Wrote: If someone throws a prop anywhere near me i'm killing them. I don't care if I get slain.

I would run reports like that. If it is obvious that the person was attempting to prop kill then it could be seen as attempting to kill/damage, giving the victim a reson to kos. To me players have been willfully using a hole in the rules to get kills and rdm this way.

IIRC you can't report less than 20 prop damage

That goes for any type of damage. You can kos for 5+ prop damage, which I also find to be dumb. In terms of the rules, props should be treated like guns, in that you can KOS for having them thrown at you or having a thrown prop deal any amount of damage to you, without warning.
(04-11-2020, 07:50 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 09:14 PM)Froge Wrote: If someone throws a prop anywhere near me i'm killing them. I don't care if I get slain.

I would run reports like that. If it is obvious that the person was attempting to prop kill then it could be seen as attempting to kill/damage, giving the victim a reson to kos. To me players have been willfully using a hole in the rules to get kills and rdm this way.

That goes for any type of damage. You can kos for 5+ prop damage, which I also find to be dumb. In terms of the rules, props should be treated like guns, in that you can KOS for having them thrown at you or having a thrown prop deal any amount of damage to you, without warning.

i see prop i shoot lesgo
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions

I’m talking about the people that got mad they were killed from prop killing

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
take away magneto sticks ez

I feel like propkilling does get off a bit too easily, maybe make propkilling the equivalent of RDM in terms of rules? It already kinda is but maybe dropping the hammer down on it or actually reporting a propkill death would go a long ways. Staff won't do RDMs if you don't report it, therefore, if RDM = Propkill, why should the staff handle it if you don't report it unless someone is massing?
(04-11-2020, 09:07 PM)Battons Wrote: take away magneto sticks ez

I feel like propkilling does get off a bit too easily, maybe make propkilling the equivalent of RDM in terms of rules? It already kinda is but maybe dropping the hammer down on it or actually reporting a propkill death would go a long ways. Staff won't do RDMs if you don't report it, therefore, if RDM = Propkill, why should the staff handle it if you don't report it unless someone is massing?

The thing is, if they don't left click, there is no link to them in the system.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(04-11-2020, 11:32 PM)Saitama Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 09:07 PM)Battons Wrote: take away magneto sticks ez

The thing is, if they don't left click, there is no link to them in the system.

Staff have something called "death scenes" which is a short few second replay of how your life ended. They can eaisily tell who threw the prop based off this video evidence.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(04-12-2020, 09:30 AM)SNAK Wrote: Staff have something called "death scenes" which is a short few second replay of how your life ended. They can eaisily tell who threw the prop based off this video evidence.

As I said before, normal users also have access to this. It's not exclusive to staff.
(04-12-2020, 09:30 AM)SNAK Wrote: Staff have something called "death scenes" which is a short few second replay of how your life ended. They can eaisily tell who threw the prop based off this video evidence.
Read my "fuck this shit" thread  to find the flaws in your argument.
(04-12-2020, 09:37 AM)Saitama Wrote:
Read my "fuck this shit" thread  to find the flaws in your argument.

Haven't read it, but he does have a point. Literally fucking type !report in chat and theres a fucking tab that says logs before your death even if theres no log of you dying, you can still look at death scenes around the timeframe that you died to figure out who or what killed you.
The only difference between round logs between players and staff is that you cant access full logs until the round ends.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(04-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: Haven't read it, but he does have a point. Literally fucking type !report in chat and theres a fucking tab that says logs before your death even if theres no log of you dying, you can still look at death scenes around the timeframe that you died to figure out who or what killed you.
The only difference between round logs between players and staff is that you cant access full logs until the round ends.
If I have no death scene, and there are no death scenes near me, how the fuck can a death scene prove anything