Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dictionary.reverso.net/english-definition/suggestive+tone
[Image: bQnOYAB.gif]

I have some suggestions & will place them in this thread

1) Find a way to make it so that people's heads don't teleport into the ceiling when they crouchjump. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-o5r-X0y7I

A problem in vanilla TTT, but made worse by jump packs. This is the #1 problem with the game in its current state. 
You could probably fix this by disabling the default Garry's Mod crouch and replacing it with a script crouch that shortens players' collision hull but doesn't affect their hitbox.

2) Add a multi-buyable traitor item which upgrades the magneto stick, allowing it to pick up and throw progressively larger items.
First upgrade should allow it to pick up stuff just beyond normal like double-boxes.
Last upgrade (4-5 credits worth of them?) would allow it to pick up anything, including massive shit like dumpsters.

3) Make it so that defibs change the person's team. If you're a traitor and defib someone, they become a traitor if they weren't already. Likewise, if you're a detective, they become a detective. Same with innocent.

4) Add counterplay to the following traitor items:

• Knife

Being killed with essentially no way to avoid it is kinda dumb, right?
Possible solutions

1. Add a detective item: "knifeproof vest." Is mutually exclusive with bulletproof vest. Protects less against bullet damage (5-10%) but protects you from one knife. Should be visible on the playermodel to make it obvious to traitors that the detective cannot be knifed.
2. Add a 500ms-1000ms delay between taking the knife out and being able to knife. Instaknives with no reaction window are the real problem, IMO.

• Body bomb

There is currently zero way to detect a body bomb. It's just - you search the wrong body, you die with no counterplay.
It also creates retarded scenarios where a T is running towards you with a body, and is going to activate it and kill you - but you aren't allowed to kill him and protect yourself because there's no way to tell it's a bomb.

Possible solutions
1. Add some telltale sign that a body has been rigged. Not obvious at a quick glance.
1. Hmmm, seems like a problem that only rifle/deag users tend to have. I would not call it the #1 issue in TTT, by far.

2.Sounds cool, someone would have to code it though.

3. I'm honestly not sure if its possible to switch someones teams during round, though the concept of a team swap defib sounds all sorts of broken and scary.

4.Call it a stab vest and only allow either it or the bullet proof vest to be bought in a round. Vanilla TTT's method of having a balanced knife was to have it be a 2 hit kill weapon, if you really wanna nerf it just do that again.

I think body bombs are good as they are, the main give away if the fact that you can hear someone place one from a mile away. That gives those who are paying attention the opportunity to avoid dying to one and also helps with finding out exactly which body it is.
3 is goddamn insane. Maybe to only be used by ts and for anyone else it resurrects them as their normal class. The only thing you could hope to do by making a T not a T anymore is have them rat out who their T buddies are and I'm pretty sure that'd count as some form of omega ghosting. I don't know about you but designing gameplay that enables ghosting is fucking batshit stupid idea. Number 2 is cool, but I'd prefer if it was a one time payment of 4 creds and it went all out on being the gravity gun in the final chapter of HL2.
In that video you linked for the headshot problem, I did EVENTUALLY kill Nimble Jack after minutes of annoying fire fight while his head was in the ceiling, completely agree with an investigation of how to fix that because I wouldn't wish that dual upon anyone.
[Image: 1uNafV0.png]
In summation, remove Jumppacks.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(11-22-2020, 06:54 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: In summation, remove Jumppacks.