Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord applications are interesting.
Overall I’m torn. The first time around was disappointing. I’d seen better performance out of server mods who had only kick and ban. It felt like the discord was only getting worse with no one willing to be bothered. The handling of the health and wellness channel is up there in the list of top handling failures within the discord. Might be the #1 as most anything else has been an individual person or event. I dont simply mean the removal either, which I still oppose, but the failure to handle the most clear cut channel outside of announcements. It was a meme dump in the end, not to mention toxic responses to people seeking help, and was completely preventable.
As to your bullet list most issues could have been handled with warn until you think it’s not getting across, kick to get it across, and ban when it continues. At least that’s for anything that didn’t already have guidelines. Otherwise follow guidelines. I don’t remember offhand what was written back then.
As to reprimands, it’s depends from whom. If the trolls are mad then you’re doing the job right. If it’s from superiors and theres no defined guidelines then it should be a discussion not a reprimand. The first iteration was a test phase, feeling out what’s appropriate for a new way of staffing the discord. If you’re not getting feedback you’re not testing the limits correctly. And if the reprimands are from random bystanders then take the feedback for what you think it’s worth based on if they would have a reason to know. A past admin would know more than a guy who joined 30 minutes ago claiming he was an admin on another discord server for 10 years but doesn’t know how to work mobile discord.
TLDR; when there’s a lack of guidance you can only rely on yourself. All rules have to be shaped from somewhere. So if this were a discord mod app I would not approve. This being for the training rank, with newly defined structure, I’m ok with this to see what a training period will bring.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discord applications are interesting. - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 06-12-2020, 05:48 PM