Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out
(06-17-2020, 05:29 PM)Ernest Wrote: If you are gagged and warned because of mic spam, you shouldn't be instantly ungagged after the warn and instead should have a smaller system of 5 minute gag, 20 minute gag, e.t.c.

I have come up with this idea because of the warn system
Recently it has come to my attention that warns lead to bans, which is justifiable, but if you are allowed to get multiple warns in the matter of minutes, that is where it becomes absurd to me.

1. While a minute-based systems for gags would theoretically work better, without a plug-in or addon that automatically tracks and does that it would be near impossible to keep consistent. Anyone who has staffed any Gmod server knows things can get hectic and I don't wanna make staff bring out a timer for each player they gag.
2. I wouldn't say warnings lead directly to bans. We have a watchlist in the staff discord that keeps track of players and the warning system is just a better version of it. Since I have disabled automatic punishments caused by the system (due to a bug I need to look at), the warning system is largely a staff tool to easily track what players have done in the past.
[Image: b_560x95.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 06-17-2020, 05:34 PM