Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out
@Nicol Bolas i dont feel like quoting it and hiding or deleting it all so I'm just gonna tag you

Really, there's 2 main takeaways that I wanted from that post.
1) The staff should encourage people to report incidents of harassment, major spam, etc, even if it alone is not bannable, and communicate and collect this well so that they can actually tell who the real problems are (because I'm actually being honest and nice when I say that if you think a lot of the problem makers are gone in this community then you're either delusional or disconnected)
2) Players should do their part as well in adding to that collection of evidence and helping in removing those types of people

A third point I want to brush on now is that sometimes as the higher ups for the server, if you see an issue that needs fixing, do something about it. Plain and simple. Sure, I understand bringing things that are incredibly serious to the community so you dont have... issues... like in the past ***cough cough addressing toxicity*** but things like voice battery or spam filters, if they're going to fix the problem, shouldnt be shot down because a couple people dont like the idea. Hell, I dont like the idea, but here I am advocating for it.
"So what, just piss everyone off and do it anyways?" Kinda
Be lenient with it. Add voice battery, add spam filters, but make them loose. Make the battery charge fast with a limit of a minute or two minutes, then see the reaction. If its HATED and everyone just despises it, take it out and APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR MISTAKES. I have seen a lot of staff say "Were not perfect, you cant expect us to do everything right!!!111!11!1!!!" Newsflash, we dont. Not even close. We just want staff to sack up and say "Hey, I fucked up. I'm sorry. I'm gonna fix it and learn." Which sounds simple, but does NOT always happen.
Back to the other point so I can wrap up, if people DO like the new additions (or at least dont mind it, in the example with 2 minutes, maybe they realize that they're never gonna need to hold their push to talk for 2 minutes) then slowly make it maybe a little more or a little more restrictive until it hits that sweet spot of protected, but not sheltered. There's a reason everyone says its a slow process, there's a reason we have a test server, and there's a reason why we update and add to the server. Because sometimes we need trial and error to see what is REALLY best for our problems. Hell, I figure half the people commenting dont even know what they want staff or regulars to do about it.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out - by MilkManFromMars - 06-17-2020, 06:18 PM