Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out
(06-17-2020, 06:18 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: @Nicol Bolas i dont feel like quoting it and hiding or deleting it all so I'm just gonna tag you

Really, there's 2 main takeaways that I wanted from that post.
1) The staff should encourage people to report incidents of harassment, major spam, etc, even if it alone is not bannable, and communicate and collect this well so that they can actually tell who the real problems are (because I'm actually being honest and nice when I say that if you think a lot of the problem makers are gone in this community then you're either delusional or disconnected)
2) Players should do their part as well in adding to that collection of evidence and helping in removing those types of people
I think if we have somewhere to post the minor evidence we have, whether it too little evidence ( a single clip of micspam) or not conclusive on its own (IE a single screenshot of chat harassment is all we have, because they kept it to voice otherwise), WITHOUT alerting the trolls we are collecting evidence on them, that would be nice. Attach the name and steam ID, and then we have a repository of evidence on troublemakers where the evidence is incomplete. Maybe make it work like the discord report thing, where it prompts the questions, and then saves your evidence, without recording it publicly. Then, if staff decide there is reason to ban, they post all related evidence into a ban request or something.
This would also be something the staff take part in. You come on and slay someone who people tell you mass RDMed, but only one person reported it because half of the people were AFK: evidence. You gag someone for using the "hard R": evidence.

Also, staff MUST hold each other responsible, and enforce the rules on each other. No more getting away with propkills because they are staff, and if another staff oversteps their bounds, IMMEDIATELY call them out on it. No more "Oh, that is way to harsh, but you are the staff, so my opinion as staff doesn't matter." or "Oh, you broke the rules, but you are a moderator, so what could I do?"

Edit: it double posted here 

Remember: A few bad apples spoils the whole bunch.
If you stand by while someone else makes things worse, and you are in a position to act, you are just as complicit as the wrongdoer.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing the State of TTT- The Pandemic, Toxicity, Burning out - by Saitama - 06-18-2020, 03:12 PM