Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Perspective on Permanent Bans
(06-17-2020, 09:20 PM)SNAK Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 09:18 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 09:11 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: Edit: a point brought up while I was typing this was mass, I agree that mass rdm, or a perm ban for it should probably be more than 3 people. Hell you could accidentally hit 3 people trying to shoot 1 guy in a crowd and you’re gone for good for attempted mass.

Don't know if something changed since I staffed but we used to handle mass case-by-case, actually looking to see if it was accidental and/or careless. If that were the case, and the person isn't causing other problems, they'd get off with 3+ slays.

Wow investigative work? You were probably one of the better mods, shame you aren't one now. You'd do a lot of cleaning up around here..

Wasn't anything on my part, just the staff team being competent. Not to say the current team of staff aren't competent, but I don't see much of that "investigative work" being done anymore. Just strictly sticking to the guidelines for punishment and never deviating from it.
(06-17-2020, 09:25 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 09:20 PM)SNAK Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 09:18 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 09:11 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: Edit: a point brought up while I was typing this was mass, I agree that mass rdm, or a perm ban for it should probably be more than 3 people. Hell you could accidentally hit 3 people trying to shoot 1 guy in a crowd and you’re gone for good for attempted mass.

Don't know if something changed since I staffed but we used to handle mass case-by-case, actually looking to see if it was accidental and/or careless. If that were the case, and the person isn't causing other problems, they'd get off with 3+ slays.

Wow investigative work? You were probably one of the better mods, shame you aren't one now. You'd do a lot of cleaning up around here..

Wasn't anything on my part, just the staff team being competent. Not to say the current team of staff aren't competent, but I don't see much of that "investigative work" being done anymore. Just strictly sticking to the guidelines for punishment and never deviating from it.
Back in MY day....
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I've told staff to learn the difference between malicious and non-malicious and knowing the context. A lot of the time when I ban people for mass it's clearly maliciously rdming
[Image: b_560x95.png]
To understand actual levels of malicious behavior you have to have repeat offenses, you'll get that dumbass that gets on with the mind set "well this isen't my main server so im going to mass rdm for fun" He does it, and gets perma-banned, a few months later, or years, he comes back, completely different mindset, but is perma-banned, and is strayed away.

Then you have the person with the actual malicious mindset "I'm here to cause problems, I'm going to try to wiggle thru loopholes and cracks and be a constant assfuck because thats the type of person I am"

Those are the ones you want to permaban.

That's why the only thing that should be reserved for permaban is hacking/ghosting/severe harassment, those are pure defintions of pure malicious mindsets/behaviors.

Everything else is either "im upset today so these fucks are gunna feel my wraith for a round or two" or honest mistakes.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
Mhm. The importance is not that you ban a guy and he comes back 4 years later. It’s *until appealed*. If you wait 4 years, it’s not some bad mod that decided to ban you for 4 years. It forces an interaction. This doesn’t have to be some long drawn out process where the community gets to sit on some non-existent moral high ground and judge you for shooting 3 people. Stop trying to drag out some kind of apology, it helps sure but at the end of the day I just need to believe you won’t do it again. So if it’s a mass unban then fine, but if dudes acting shitty in the unban it says he’s going to act like that when he comes back so of course no. But a lot of people want to play god it seems...
It’s should stay so that there is an appeal process that’s logged. It makes a good history. Rdm should be easier to unban while harassment should be a harder prospect.
TL;DR get off your high horse

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I'm still strongly against removing permabans for hacking. However in the case of mass rdm if it's something the community would agree on I can always discuss it with Dink about lowering it from a permaban.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(06-17-2020, 10:02 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I'm still strongly against removing permabans for hacking. However in the case of mass rdm if it's something the community would agree on I can always discuss it with Dink about lowering it from a permaban.
TL;DR no thank you.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(06-17-2020, 10:02 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I'm still strongly against removing permabans for hacking. However in the case of mass rdm if it's something the community would agree on I can always discuss it with Dink about lowering it from a permaban.

Nah you leave those scumbag cheaters perma banned. They dug their  grave. But permabans for mass RDM make so sense, it should be repeat offenses of mass RDM that causes a perma.

First one a 2 weeks/month? second one 6 months? Third, perma. goodbye.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
Mass RDM should remain a Permaban if blatant and or intentional. Accidental wise, would probably be best for it to stay as Slays.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(06-18-2020, 05:59 AM)Christian Wrote: Mass RDM should remain a Permaban if blatant and or intentional. Accidental wise, would probably be best for it to stay as Slays.
I think this is an unfair perspective seeing that as around 80% of mass rdm are caused by people who dont know the rules/are new to the game
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions