Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Perspective on Permanent Bans
(06-18-2020, 07:39 AM)Foxka oops Wrote: I think this is an unfair perspective seeing that as around 80% of mass rdm are caused by people who dont know the rules/are new to the game

That is why you should read the rules the moment you join a new server. Though I completely understand your point for new players though. If their intentions are not malicious (example being: Mass RDMing, and putting "alshdlakfhlsah;f," in the Response Forum, Trolling,Etc), I think it would be acceptable to give them slays and have Staff remind them to read the rules, or ask questions.

However, if you're someone that has been here long enough to know the rules, I don't think you should be given that treatment (unless it was obviously Accidental). Do I think the Duration of the Ban needs to be touched? No. But do I think there needs to be a revision of some sort to guarantee newer players don't get immediately banned, so long as their intentions are clearly not to minge? Absolutely.

The Mass RDM rule isn't that hard to follow, unless you're clearly new and don't know better. Having the duration where it's at, ensures we keep the people that don't want to play the game properly out. Which may or may not be Trolls. There are plenty of TTT communities out there that use the same Duration for Mass RDM, and have no reason to change it.

tl;dr I don't think the duration needs to be changed. But like Foxka mentioned, there should be a revision of sorts (maybe via Staff Punishment Guidelines) to guarantee newer players are informed before they are banned via their 1st offense.

Maybe there's something like this already written in the punishment guidelines, I haven't looked at it in quire awhile. But those are my thoughts.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]

Messages In This Thread
A Perspective on Permanent Bans - by RussEfarmer - 06-17-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: A Perspective on Permanent Bans - by Ernest - 06-17-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: A Perspective on Permanent Bans - by SNAK - 06-17-2020, 09:10 PM
RE: A Perspective on Permanent Bans - by SNAK - 06-17-2020, 09:20 PM
RE: A Perspective on Permanent Bans - by SNAK - 06-17-2020, 09:55 PM
RE: A Perspective on Permanent Bans - by SNAK - 06-17-2020, 10:32 PM
RE: A Perspective on Permanent Bans - by Christian - 06-18-2020, 08:17 AM