Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think "leaking staff chat" is stupid
I'm making this post, not because of recent events, but because recent events have made me upset enough to want to make it.
I think leaking staff chat is stupid. But, I'll start with the positives. As is, I can really only think of 2 good reasons to have such high security and stigma around some kind of chat like that.
1. Discussing promotions: I get why this would want to be private. If it wasn't then people would be weary about saying how they really feel. A basic example, but I get it.
2. Discussing "risky" bans: For this I'll use a less touchy example. Mr.Rippe, that was a pretty uhh kinda situation, and I understand that if someone like that might have a high place in the server or a large friend group, then it would be risky about talking about that kinda stuff in front of the whole server. I don't doubt that there's more reasons than this, but I do doubt there's enough more reasons to make it worth creating such a dark stigma around even mentioning something from staff chat in any server ever. You wanna discuss server changes? Why does that have to be private? Wanna discuss reworking or adding ranks? Don't see why you need to hide that. In fact, the only thing I don't see being hidden is potential map and skin changes that are mostly up in the air at any given point. Other than that we really only learn about stuff once it's been added.
This kind of situation with harsh punishments and warnings about even speaking of something in the chat is toxic, and it created a vast disconnect among players and staff.
Am I saying the staff chat should just be open to public viewing so we call all observe like the Cincinnati zoo? No, being honest, even if it was, I probably wouldn't check it, and would leave it on mute. But how's this, staff start working to tell us about things in the process of conceptualizing them? Keep people posted. Let us know if you are working on or abandoning something. Tell us before it happens. And what I think is most important...
Let staff fucking talk
When someone is promoted in this server they're not your indentured servant, and they shouldn't have to consider every word about server changes in fear of leaking some chat in a voice channel from another disconnected server. It's nothing less than ridiculous.
To finish this up, let me put it this way...
If you still don't know the reason why there's still a disconnect between staff and players in every big event: YOU'RE THE REASON
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]

Messages In This Thread
I think "leaking staff chat" is stupid - by MilkManFromMars - 07-19-2020, 12:47 AM