Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery
Agreed, I'm surprised that punishments for staff respect isn't enforced more intensely. Plenty of Guests come on the server and just create a plethora of issues for staff, and just hurl insults at staff.

(10-06-2020, 11:59 AM)dong Wrote: No matter what staff will always be bashed. It used to be people hating on the admins, to the admins having "power" stripped from them, then to them hating the whole staff team. ASAB is a dumb meme made out of a real-life issue as well.

The disconnect from what I've seen is because non-staff feel inclined to be let in on things that don't involve them. For example what happens in our staff discord, that doesn't need to be public knowledge, but people are still finding a way to complain about that. I will say right now that they don't need to know everything we do behind the scenes. The general public is made aware of everything that they should be already. They also hold an important role with applications and appeals to offer different insight.

People also fail to realize this is all voluntary work, we gain nothing out of this besides helping the server. I'm here to make the server a better place and if that means I have to ban whoever or have someone hate me I don't really care.

Also feel like another issue is that staff are so used to being bashed for no real reason they'd be afraid to hand out any sort of legitimate punishment in fear of even more backlash. And I'll go ahead and say right now the fact that my staff team gets this much hate is ridiculous. This is the least toxic and most down to earth one I have been part of, sure they have room to improve because we all do, but they aren't malicious about anything. That pisses me off.

And before someone wants to argue anything I said... I have staffed this TTT server in particular for nearly 2 years I know how it works.
Apart from the ASAB stuff, which is honestly just a meme at this point, I completely agree with said statement. I feel like many of the staff just get walked over, which is sad because I think most of you guys are really cool/nice people.
[img][Image: bAal77J.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery - by Alec - 10-06-2020, 05:42 PM