Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's almost Halloween.....
So, this isn't necessarily a ghost story, but it's something creepy.

So, in my state, there is this town called Rodney. It is completely abandoned and almost impossible to find unless you know exactly where it is. All of the buildings are falling apart, and there are only about three permanent residents in the entire town. There's abandoned churches, homes, and a cemetery. My friends and I would go all the time and learn more about the town. Here's some of the fascinating things about it:
- It was abolished during the 1920s while having only 25 residents.
- There is a cannonball stuck in the wall above the front the door of the Presbyterian Church that was shot by a Union gunship during the Civil War. (pictures included.)
- The cemetery is HUGE, as the town was devastated twice by Yellow Fever. Many of the graves have been opened since the early 1950s-60s.
- There is a man who lives in one of the old abandoned train cars next to where the rail-road used to be.
- Andrew Jackson owned a plantation in Rodney that later crumbled and fell into the Mississippi River.
- There are rumors that Rodney was built upon Native American land, thus causing the misfortune that the town suffered (a great fire, the redirection of the Mississippi River, two Yellow Fever pandemics, a rail-road, etc.)

Here are some pictures:
[Image: image0.jpg][Image: image0.jpg]
(this one reminds me of the movie Monster House :3)
(you can see the cannonball! :O)
[Image: image0_2.jpg]