Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Communication: Staff and Players and Preventing Repeat Situations
I've been lurking on the forums to see what would result with this specific person, and I was intrigued enough by this thread to log on and comment.

Plain and simple, this should have been an issue that was communicated more thoroughly to staff a year ago with Captain Price, specifically on my end. I know things were communicated about him in the past when he was in the TTT community regarding this specific issue, harassing females. To preface, there is some long standing history with Price, I've dealt with him across several communities for the past four years, and it has been the same issues: Mass RDM, female harassment, racism, trolling, etc. It's a repeating pattern, and it seems he has no intentions of changing that behavior. I know this was brought up in Dinks a year ago, but it should have been documented more clearly for the staff that are around now.

I do agree a lack of communication back then (quite frankly I recall discussing this with another former admin but I don't remember who else may have known about Price) and lack of communication now caused a larger issue that could have been avoided sooner. It's been an issue historically within the staff team here, and I would try to be optimistic and say something like this can spark change, but similar things have happened before and will continue to happen. I hope the current staff team can make that change.

I will finish this with saying I'm only writing this because I feel partially at fault for not communicating this issue with this player a year ago when there were concerns, and now more people have dealt with harassment issues here. I have no intentions of helping to fix things, just offering advice. P.S. If any of the admins want to see that this has been a repeating pattern by Price across communities for 4+ years now, feel free to DM me about it, I still have access to the old database of ban records of an old community I staffed where he was banned for female harassment.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Communication: Staff and Players and Preventing Repeat Situations - by Avi - 11-15-2020, 08:21 PM