Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Rule Clarification
Hello, I was reading the rules list but couldn't reach a conclusion about something. The mouse I use for games has no scrollwheel, which makes bhopping near-impossible cause you can't spam +jump. In case anyone on the server has seen my pathetic bhopping, this is why.

Will I get banned if I use autohotkey to spam +jump with a button instead of a scroll wheel? The rules list says:

Quote:5. Do Not Exploit, Hack, Metagame or Otherwise Avoid the Game's Intended Limits
This includes ghosting*, metagaming, hacking, and exploiting maps. Ghosting includes sharing any type of information with someone from the grave that could affect the outcome of a round, including staff. 
  • Do not try to escape the map bounds or exploit map/server bugs. 

• Do not team, which is aiding people you know are not on your team. 

• Do not put your client into 3rd person mode. 

• Do not intentionally attempt to crash the server. 

• Do not exploit or abuse the grappling hook to gain an unfair advantage such as flying horizontally with it. 

• Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work. 
An exception to the metagaming rule is that you may use the number of remaining living players to deduce the number of living traitors, but only once the game has reached a point where there are so few traitors or players remaining that you cannot be wrong.

It just says don't hack, but I dunno if this would count as hacking. Autohotkey doesn't attach to the game or anything, just changes what commands a key press does. Please let me know.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Seeking Rule Clarification - by Inkse - 11-16-2020, 05:18 AM
RE: Seeking Rule Clarification - by Jammin - 11-16-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: Seeking Rule Clarification - by TDawg4 - 11-16-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: Seeking Rule Clarification - by RussEfarmer - 11-16-2020, 12:47 PM