Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Community Discussion
(02-26-2021, 04:31 PM)jax Wrote: ~snip

2.) Bad Staff
The way they treat some players is totally different than how they treat others. It is often joked about, but in all seriousness, there is no reason for some staff members to worship @"Burb" . It comes off as creepy, cringy, and pathetic. 

There are far too many instances where the staff are inconsistent with their ruling. Other staff dismissed this as "at the moderator's own discretion" but I believe that this is a just an easy cop out. 

3.) Ignoring The Community
What the hell is the point of +1s and community feedback if it doesn't mean anything? I can already guess that there will be a response that says something along the lines of "We do listen to community feedback!" but that's demonstrably false. 

Another big example of this lies with how staff currently treat regulars like Rylo, Ernie, Stuppidy, and Crab. Crab got permabanned for, possibly one of the most BS examples of teaming. Staff will ban people who have been with the community for years, and then pikachu face when the playerbase spams "ASAB" or complains about the staff being trash. #FreeCrab

A possible solution to this would be to introduce a new rank (no in-game powers at all) that members get when they reach a certain time limit, activity, etc (whatever is deemed as a good qualification) that allows them to vote within the committee. Regulars, and people who have dedicated a lot of their time (take Jesse for an example) should have more input than they already do.
1. I agree that there should be additional admins, but I have nothing to add to that discussion. Just acknowledging that point.

2. There is so much staff inconsistency. On top of that there are way too many inactive staff members who for whatever reason maintain their rank? I recognize that Dink does not want to demote inactive people, but there's no reason for people to come back and have their powers. We've had 2 recent staff abuse threads made on tmods that have recently "become active again" and I don't understand why staff randomly come back and immediately post applications to move up in rank. I genuinely believe that Dink needs to become more involved on the server again, decide on additional admins and begin to remove inactive people. Bringing the point back to inconsistency, the "t word" is not enforced by any staff other than thunder, therefore jax and anyone else's warns for it should be removed. Slurs are something that should be enforced across the board, so maybe TTT staff should make a list and stick to it rather than have wishy washy "this person enforces it and this person doesn't care". That's a flaw of the system though, for not having a clear list of what we do and don't allow. Let's also talk about how making jokes with telling guests to use !dinksttt to claim free points became a warnable thing out of the blue? Discuss changes in the rules and make sure it's known within the community before you just decide to impose them on people. 

Also, yeah I don't really have anything about the ppl simping for Burb thing, I ask for help when I recognize people legitimately harassing me and I try to give staff proof for stuff like that, but I actively tell people not to "simp" for me and try to make sure people aren't just warned for making jokes/little comments at me. I dunno man, there's nothing I can really do about the simp thing, I know the thunder "t word" warn situation had people after me, but I was laughing about the situation and thought the warns should be taken off. Even when I was called a skank in the discord today, I didn't get offended or asked for the guy to be warned...I don't know what people want me to do about it tho, if you've got suggestions on what I can change (other than telling me to leave the community) then I'm all ears.

Since I'm not apart of TTT staff, I don't know how the committee system really works :/ I don't wanna comment on whether or not it's good based on what others say. 

3. I've said it before things that are TTT related do feel like a popularity contest for people to brownnose staff. However, since I'm not ttt staff maybe there are "other issues" that aethy needed to stay banned for. It just feels like regulars come to the forums to shout into the void as nothing ever gets done. I'm frustrated beyond belief that staff get upset at people saying ASAB (hello? it's a joke.) especially considering how they act towards some of our regulars. We have longterm community members who get banned for the most mundane reasons. Crab got perma'd for looking in a corner. I genuinely don't understand how we have staff that seem to cling to their ability to ban people rather than change rules that actively hurt the community. Staffing should be about keeping the game fun for people, building the community up and implementing change in areas that desperately need it. Regulars have literally no power in this place. But I just used this section to rant, I have nothing constructive to add because I feel like most of this relates to staff attitudes.

Also fuck adding another role, no offense. Regulars should already have some form of input, it's on staff to take us seriously. Adding roles doesn't mean adding power. Look at Nicol, he's admin and can't do much. It's why I can't blame him for these problems lmao.

//zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz//

Messages In This Thread
Community Discussion - by jax - 02-26-2021, 04:31 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by Mana - 02-26-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by Eternal - 02-26-2021, 11:36 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by Burb - 02-26-2021, 05:19 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by VERY RARE - 02-26-2021, 05:22 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by GAMER - 02-26-2021, 05:32 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by jax - 02-26-2021, 05:35 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by Battons - 02-26-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by Eight Bit Trip - 02-26-2021, 05:52 PM
RE: Community Discussion - by ⋆ Fx ⋆ - 02-26-2021, 06:14 PM