Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing The Complaints In The Forums
I don't want to post on his behalf but dink is in a position where even I would need to step back and just enjoy myself. It would be nice to recieve updates and yes we can direct our frustration to him but ultimately it's more complex than blaming the owner. Communication is a concern which is something as I mentioned some mods are trying to take on. Decisions on the admin level tske longer than they have in the past, we have no dedicated custom coder/modder just hobbyists. Lastly people just have differing ideas of what defines good and bad. Throughout my time here I've seen the community explode and loose some of the best staff it's ever had but I've also seen it regrow with a more stable staff team. In general people are a lot more mellow than we used to be. As I said before, nothing lasts forever, but in the mean time I enjoy what we have and think we have come a long way, but the solution to this problem isn't more numbers, it's encouraging those with the enthusiasm to keep it alive to stick around and become valued members. In order to achieve that we need to foster an environment in which even a casual audience will love to play. I hope those who take the time to read this thread take that to heart and really strive to do their best.
This is still a problem huh
(03-01-2021, 01:02 AM)Starky Wrote: This is still a problem huh

YOU'RE STILL HERE THAT IS SO AWESOME
(03-01-2021, 08:49 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 01:02 AM)Starky Wrote: This is still a problem huh

YOU'RE STILL HERE THAT IS SO AWESOME
Yeah I guess so  lol, nice to see you Russ.
If you want to be technical about it, I technically never officially left. I just removed myself from everything Dink related while I tried to wrap my head around what I wanted to do without the pressure to hop online constantly looming over me. I love and the miss the gamemode, but I'm not entirely keen on the idea of rejoining the community at this point in time.
(03-02-2021, 04:25 AM)Starling Wrote: If you want to be technical about it, I technically never officially left. I just removed myself from everything Dink related while I tried to wrap my head around what I wanted to do without the pressure to hop online constantly looming over me. I love and the miss the gamemode, but I'm not entirely keen on the idea of rejoining the community at this point in time.
im sorry if you felt called out here that wasent the intent but it would be nice to see you come back just as a player over staff
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
(03-02-2021, 04:32 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 04:25 AM)Starling Wrote: If you want to be technical about it, I technically never officially left. I just removed myself from everything Dink related while I tried to wrap my head around what I wanted to do without the pressure to hop online constantly looming over me. I love and the miss the gamemode, but I'm not entirely keen on the idea of rejoining the community at this point in time.
im sorry if you felt called out here that wasent the intent but it would be nice to see you come back just as a player over staff

Nah its fine. Like I said, I do miss playing prop hunt but the thought alone of interacting with this community puts me on edge.
(03-02-2021, 04:51 AM)Starling Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 04:32 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote:

Nah its fine. Like I said, I  do miss playing prop hunt but the thought alone of interacting with this community puts me on edge.
thats a yikes if it makes you want to backfilp to even look at us you might want to just stay the proper 6ft
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
To people who replied to my first post: Co owners may be helpful, but for them to be really effective I think that they need to have an active command above them.

Shit like this always gets brought up and there is rarely ever a real conclusion. It has always really pissed me off, because it just brings us right back to square one. Do I think there will be a conclusion? Fuck no. I'll eat my own ass if Dink even knows about this thread.
(03-08-2021, 03:32 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: To people who replied to my first post: Co owners may be helpful, but for them to be really effective I think that they need to have an active command above them.

Shit like this always gets brought up and there is rarely ever a real conclusion. It has always really pissed me off, because it just brings us right back to square one. Do I think there will be a conclusion? Fuck no. I'll eat my own ass if Dink even knows about this thread.
Which he probably doesn’t :/. Kinda disappointing that this goes on for so long and again I know Dink has a life but other owners of other community have more of an active presence. Eh I don’t know what dink is going through at the moment though so I should probably not say anything.