Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draft Teaming Rule Proposal
(02-28-2021, 10:41 AM)jax Wrote: Can you elaborate more on this? There have been times that as a T I’ll drop C4 in the middle of a crowd, and hope that an innocent uses it (because let’s be honest TTT players are dense) or sometimes they’ll plant it for 10 minutes, and another innocent will try to defuse and fail, and kill everyone with a blast.
Is the innocent warned for teaming? Or both players?

Sometimes I’ll drop a bold booze and then when I see an innocent drink it, I’ll KOS them for being a speedy boi.

Also, great write up. I’d like to see these changes implemented.
For what it's worth, I've planted c4s out in the open for the chance that a smoothbrain will go and cut it, in the event that reports were actually made, I just slap slays on them for whoever was killed and reported them specifically.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
bumping this because I don’t this to be lost to the wind
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I’m not 100% behind this, if I remember to I’ll tweak and add my thoughts later. But for one

-An innocent choosing to not try killing a known traitor (but not helping them in any way) is not teaming.

Is absolutely possible to be teaming, even if it’s a minor example. There are rule revisions over the last year or two that lighten the punishments where warranted, but many times like with the strike system accidentally open the door to allowing abuse of the rule. The above note will be one such abuse, as doing so goes against the point of the role you play in the game. Uncertainty can play a part in this rule as there are valid times where rdm may be involved in some fashion, but to blatantly ignore a traitor *is* teaming. An obvious case would be me as a traitor killing jammin by placing a barnacle over his head in front of Bryan who is innocent lets me live and then I also ignore Bryan. Keep in mind that incidents of teaming should be two players or more working in conjunction in most cases.

To note on a previous topic, blowing a c4 in a crowd of people as an innocent will likely be rdm by the innocent. This will be teaming if the innocent knew the traitor placed the c4 by watching him or some other form of communication let the innocent know to blow the c4 in a crowd. However, if that is not the case but rather an innocent tried to disarm a c4 where the innocent reasonably believed is far enough from other players yet accidentally killed a player in the floor above then that should not warrant a slay for rdm.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
You know after thinking on this some more I get where both Matt and Ethan are coming from now. It can indeed be annoying for an inno and a traitor just to not kill each other even when it’s obvious one of them is a traitor. Especially when the other dead players have to wait for. However, again this specific situation reminds me of how people complain when a traitor is delaying the round, and I don’t usually see traitors get in trouble for that or even a slay. Anyway my point being that while I do think an inno ignoring a blatantly obvious traitor is teaming in certain situations then yes it can be considered teaming, but I believe that is really minor compared to say, a inno literally teaming up with a traitor to kill other innos and sometimes even t buddies. So basically, I believe a inno ignoring a blatantly obvious traitor but not helping them in anyway in certain situations could be considered moderate teaming if that is indeed teaming. Since again, I’m basing this based on how I seen staff not really do much usually about traitors delaying the round so I don’t see how this couldn’t be considered minor enough to be put into moderate teaming.
I owe this a more thorough review later this weekend.
But for now three things:
1. For each situation listed, we should define whether the T, inno, or both are guilty of teaming
2. "Reviving an innocent as a traitor and immediately killing them results in no game disruption and is not teaming"
Clarify what happens if the traitor has bad aim, and the inno kills them, does the T get a teaming awarn. Speaking, uh, from experience
3. Clarify that an inno who is res'd can assume the person reviving took the defib off of a t (and thus can assume the reviving player is inno/can't get in trouble for teaming). This is obvious but would be good to clarify.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
+1 to this proposal (ty Jammin for writing it up). I believe that it's nuanced enough between those who want to play ttt seriously and those who are just vibing. I especially appreciate that there is no permanent ban for moderate teaming; it's a bit discouraging to see regulars permed banned for the kind of nonsense that makes playing on the server fun.

One snippet in Princes original post that I want to put my two cents in is this one:

"-A traitor letting an innocent into the T room when it is, objectively, neither an accident or with the intention of killing them, resulting in the deaths of at least one T buddy is a form of severe teaming."

I've done this many (maybe once every handful of maps) times, since I've joined in 2016. Typically it causes chaos amongst the innos as they kill each other for going into the T room. Never been warned about it, so I don't think it deserves to be a serious form of teaming. Maybe instead it can be reclassified as a mild case and/or result in additional slays for each T death caused by the T who opened the door.
(03-03-2021, 01:25 PM)Tequila Sunset Wrote: +1 to this proposal (ty Jammin for writing it up). I believe that it's nuanced enough between those who want to play ttt seriously and those who are just vibing. I especially appreciate that there is no permanent ban for moderate teaming; it's a bit discouraging to see regulars permed banned for the kind of nonsense that makes playing on the server fun.

One snippet in Princes original post that I want to put my two cents in is this one:

"-A traitor letting an innocent into the T room when it is, objectively, neither an accident or with the intention of killing them, resulting in the deaths of at least one T buddy is a form of severe teaming."

I've done this many (maybe once every handful of maps) times, since I've joined in 2016. Typically it causes chaos amongst the innos as they kill each other for going into the T room. Never been warned about it, so I don't think it deserves to be a serious form of teaming. Maybe instead it can be reclassified as a mild case and/or result in additional slays for each T death caused by the T who opened the door.

just an FYI, Nicky wrote this up not jammin
some more staff input would be nice, and any indication that a change could be on the table in the near future
(03-04-2021, 01:14 PM)jax Wrote: some more staff input would be nice, and any indication that a change could be on the table in the near future
It is
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(03-04-2021, 01:34 PM)Nicol Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 01:14 PM)jax Wrote: some more staff input would be nice, and any indication that a change could be on the table in the near future
It is

gonna downvote u