Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent Bans! Again!
(02-28-2021, 02:50 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Seriously, do people really think that some random guy who turns on hacks or something in a 20 year old video game and gets banned is going to remember what happened 5 years in the future? Why do we continue to keep people banned in time frames where that person couldn't feasibly remember what they even did to get banned, especially for dumb offenses like hacking and mass RDM?
Yes, it just happened. Hackers are on their very own kind. Tbh I wouldn't let them come back.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Permabanning just makes staffing easier.

Should some of the current rules be changed up a bit? Yes.
Are certain punishments currently too harsh? Also yes.

That being said, imagine having to pull up a spreadsheet every time you wanna ban someone because there are literally like 7 pages (in a word doc) of rules and each rule has a specific and predefined ban time.

I am also hella lazy half the time tho. I gotta conserve brain power for this physics midterm so, Matt made good words. Thank you.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-04-2021, 05:55 PM)Noire Wrote: Permabanning just makes staffing easier.

Should some of the current rules be changed up a bit? Yes.
Are certain punishments currently too harsh? Also yes.

That being said, imagine having to pull up a spreadsheet every time you wanna ban someone because there are literally like 7 pages (in a word doc) of rules and each rule has a specific and predefined ban time.

I am also hella lazy half the time tho. I gotta conserve brain power for this physics midterm so, Matt made good words. Thank you.
Tbh this is understandable and a well thought out arguement. It would indeed be difficult having to go through every specific scenarios in an already long rule list. However, like you said some of the rules should be changed up a bit in some way due to certain punishments being too harsh. So in other words find some sort of balance that works out I guess if that makes any sense.