Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M24 Serious Update

Hi so the M24 has been notorious for having an earrape sound effect that is global, for the longest time I had zero idea on how to fix it until I learned a bit more lua. This video here shows the M24 however I completely recoded this one from scratch. Currently it has the same stats as a scout but @"Nicol" and I will be adjusting it until we get it right.
To explain a bit further I was able to import code from the old M24 for things like bullet impact, force, scoping mechanics, and the bullet splash you see when you shoot an object. I chopped out excessive or repetitive code until it started working and this is the result you see. One thing Nicol and I were concerned about was people loosing their pre-existing version of the M24 however with the way I coded this new one it would directly replace the one in the pointshop and works perfectly! No extra work required!

Now, we also would like to hear from the TTT community on any suggestions for this gun, I ask you keep any that you make serious as we do want to tailor this towards what the community at large wants. Thanks for taking the time to read this thread, I am really proud of myself for being able actually fix an issue which has stumped people for a while.
If you have suggestions for any other guns please refrain from commenting them here as I will be making a megathread soon for that.
On behalf of Guru Drak, I object. I now ask that we proceed to debate
(03-05-2021, 12:47 AM)Gabe Wrote: On behalf of Guru Drak, I object. I now ask that we proceed to debate
fuck
On behalf of Guru Drak, I object and will make a forum complaint requesting your punishment for this unspecified thing.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
As long as you able to fix the global earrape and the accuracy on the gun I think the gun will be fine since I can’t think of anything else at the moment. Hope to see you both succeed in it. Good luck!
Put the impact back so I can shoot a barrel cross map and have it bounce and kill someone again

Also rip sound, was a good meme while it lasted but now we have to bury it so we can hear people moan and play soundboards now. Someone clip the sound first so you can have it for the soundboard now that I think about it.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(03-05-2021, 11:10 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Put the impact back so I can shoot a barrel cross map and have it bounce and kill someone again

oh god i remember when that shit was a thing
good times.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(03-05-2021, 11:10 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Put the impact back so I can shoot a barrel cross map and have it bounce and kill someone again

Also rip sound, was a good meme while it lasted but now we have to bury it so we can hear people moan and play soundboards now. Someone clip the sound first so you can have it for the soundboard now that I think about it.

I didn't show it but this version does have the impact, and yes, I did test it by propkilling a bot with a table.