Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Staff Transparency In The Community
(03-10-2021, 12:34 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: So lemme ask. What exactly does the community want transparency on? And for a second question, why do you think transparency would be overall better for the community?

My interpretation / suggestion was that unban requests, admin accepts, admin rejections should be a little more “transparent.”.

Sometimes unban requests with a lot of positive community feedback get denied, with no real explanation. A little more in-depth on the reasoning is wanted I believe. Same for the admin applications. Just more reasoning and in-depth explanation is wanted.

Also, a bi-weekly or monthly “newsletter of sorts”. Updating the community on upcoming events. For example, Nicol recently removed committees which (in my opinion) was good. That’s something that could be on a newsletter. He also mentioned that there was a vote soon on ghosting rules and possible revamping of such. That’s another thing that could be on a newsletter. Something that lets normies know what’s going on, if there are any changes planned (even if it’s just to talk about changes).

That’s all I really want. An announcement thread now and again: “Due to community feedback on March 31 we will be voting on / meeting about ghosting rules.” Things like that. 

I think that’s reasonable but idk I’ve been bitching for the last 3 weeks

Idek what’s good about the leaking of admin chats, and I think these threads have undermined anything positive that was happening but You know
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(03-10-2021, 01:08 PM)(j)ax Wrote: That’s all I really want. An announcement thread now and again: “Due to community feedback on March 31 we will be voting on / meeting about ghosting rules.” Things like that. 
We can't even keep the staff list up to date and you think we can pull off a news letter?

Good one! :P

in theory yes that would be a nice thing to have but its another thing that only Nicol could really do and he already has to do enough things without adding a weekly/monthly newsletter that after the first 3 posts people stop caring about.
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
(03-10-2021, 01:13 PM)Cactus Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 01:08 PM)(j)ax Wrote: That’s all I really want. An announcement thread now and again: “Due to community feedback on March 31 we will be voting on / meeting about ghosting rules.” Things like that. 
We can't even keep the staff list up to date and you think we can pull off a news letter?

Good one! :P

in theory yes that would be a nice thing to have but its another thing that only Nicol could really do and he already has to do enough things without adding a weekly/monthly newsletter that after the first 3 posts people stop caring about.

Fair, but I think that’s also another reason more admins are needed. Again, totally understand that’s on Dink. 

Honestly, I think the admin problem will solve many of the other current issues, which is unfortunate because that’s the one problem that only Dink can fix.
To answer Jax:
1) While community support on an app is welcomed, that's really just there for the ones actually voting on it to have an idea as to what people think about said individual.

2) Admin apps don't matter. Dink is the sole person who promotes admins, so you'd have to get him to be more "transparent" with that one.

3) As for the basic denials and what not, I tried to give reasonable explanations whenever I was admin, but ig they're not doing that now?? Idk lol
(03-10-2021, 01:18 PM)dong Wrote: To answer Jax:
1) While community support on an app is welcomed, that's really just there for the ones actually voting on it to have an idea as to what people think about said individual.

2) Admin apps don't matter. Dink is the sole person who promotes admins, so you'd have to get him to be more "transparent" with that one.

3) As for the basic denials and what not, I tried to give reasonable explanations whenever I was admin, but ig they're not doing that now?? Idk lol

1.) Fair, and I think that’s fine since staff promotion is a little more nuanced than “hey this guy is well liked by people”. That makes sense, but tying into point 3.) a little more reasoning and light justification could help quell people’s frustration. 

2.) True, which won’t happen and is fine. Can’t do much there.

3.) This might just be down to the single admin problem, the admin we have now doesn’t have enough time etc. I think this might be solved if / when more admins are added.
(03-10-2021, 01:08 PM)(j)ax Wrote: My interpretation / suggestion was that unban requests, admin accepts, admin rejections should be a little more “transparent.”.

Sometimes unban requests with a lot of positive community feedback get denied, with no real explanation. A little more in-depth on the reasoning is wanted I believe. Same for the admin applications. Just more reasoning and in-depth explanation is wanted.
Unban requests can be further allberated on but, sensitivity of evidence will probably continue to be undisclosed. This is something that will potentially change seeing as committee's are now disbanded. Admin apps arent real (I know from experience lmaooo). Staff rejections are usually fine because denial reason is stated by nicol. IE: LardLord needing more in-game time.

Also, a bi-weekly or monthly “newsletter of sorts”. Updating the community on upcoming events. For example, Nicol recently removed committees which (in my opinion) was good. That’s something that could be on a newsletter. He also mentioned that there was a vote soon on ghosting rules and possible revamping of such. That’s another thing that could be on a newsletter. Something that lets normies know what’s going on, if there are any changes planned (even if it’s just to talk about changes).

That’s all I really want. An announcement thread now and again: “Due to community feedback on March 31 we will be voting on / meeting about ghosting rules.” Things like that. 
I have an idea that could work but it would be up to the staff team on how we could do it but there could be monthly discussion forums to hear players complaints and take note of anything. We should host this in discord and have topics of dicussion and what not. This would need to be formally organized so its not continued shit throwing the entire time but could work. If you are willing to help me organize this, you can dm me and could lead out with community concerns, etc.

I think that’s reasonable but idk I’ve been bitching for the last 3 weeks

Idek what’s good about the leaking of admin chats, and I think these threads have undermined anything positive that was happening  but You know

I can see you care about this community and want to help it. <3 Thank you. 
Blue
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]