Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Staff Transparency In The Community
Why not make elections public, rather than oligarchic? Would accurate representation of the Dinkelberg's constituents not solve most if not all of this isse?
the only sneaven ill be sent to... iis when ill be snalone with you
[Image: xLQeam1.jpg]
[Image: 6db.jpg]
(03-09-2021, 02:19 AM)the mad shitter Wrote: Why not make elections public, rather than oligarchic? Would accurate representation of the Dinkelberg's constituents not solve most if not all of this isse?

because clearly regulars and the people who actually have input are all just bigoted,homophobic trolls who want to rewrite the rules to accommodate other trolls. the dinks staff CANNOT under any circumstances allow toxicity on this server. toxicity and trolling are the number one threat to this server. the way the server is run right now is completely fine. the admins are doing a great job. its the stupid trolls! we cant trust them!
[Image: xdjlve.png]
I have several long winded thoughts on the various topics, but the key points are:

Have you seen how hard it is to demote someone? Moderating, doing your job, is not a way to get demoted. Fucking around with powers usually is but well... that doesn’t happen often I guess. But my point is if you get a position to moderate but don’t do it out of fear of losing the position, then why did you get it and/or stay?

I really don’t get why *now* anything is being said after it was addressed and stopped. Ripping up past conversations is always a touchy line but nowadays a popular trend. There’s some function to doing so to point out where a position of power was abused because of some belief of inequality, but if the admin told them to fuck off with it and they did then what are you trying to accomplish?

Staff leaks happens constantly. The amount of old staff that get things after resigning might surprise you. The problem comes when certain staff leak chats to cause drama, which deserves a demotion when caught. It’s one thing to bring something important that actually is being covered up that needs to be handled immediately, which again is touchy already since the community will likely just riot and several members will just target whoever was “exposed”. Or if the situation has one the community will even jump the victim - welcome to the internet. So what’s the end goal here again?

Openly showing who voted what will accomplish little to nothing for transparency. Again, end goal? I suppose you’ll weed through a bunch of staff by having the community jump down their throats for having an opinion, but then I thought we ban for that (not sorry, that shouldn’t have happened). Don’t advocate for bad staff, report things when they happen to whoever needs to see it, become staff if you think you can do better. Staff can report staff, a wild concept but we’ve kicked out anything from guests to moderators.

Maybe I’ll update later idk I’m at work

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(03-09-2021, 12:16 AM)VERY RARE Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 11:23 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Like what would you like us to be more transparent about? Somethings should not be known by every player. An example of this is if a player is being targeted but doesn't want it to be known that they are being targeted I am not going to share with the entire community who that player is.
What? If a player is being targeted and the person targeting them is punished for it, they are most likely going to reveal who they were targeting anyways, so this argument makes 0 sense.
Sorry I used a bad example. My point was that there are things that everybody does not need to know about. There have been multiple times in my time as staff that people have come forward with issues and have wished to not be identified because they feared backlash from other players. There are other issues that should not be widely known, particularly when these things could be somebody doing something illegal on server that needs to be stopped. While I agree there needs to be more communication not every issue needs to be advertised.
A couple things.

First of all everyone leaks staff chat. It's so fucking silly to me how often that comes up. Everyone leaks it to everyone and if you're pointing fingers about it, that's most likely cause you don't want them pointed at you. I've gotten staff chat 3rd or 4th hand so many times it's silly. This guy leaks to that guy, he puts in in a server, he pulls it and sends it to his buddy, he sends it to me, I talk about it to someone else. And I'm not even that well liked by staff I'm sure plenty of you see way more than I do.

The whole 'committee' thing is pretty blatant in it's intentions. A small segment of the playerbase want things a particular way. The majority often disagrees with it. If you agree, they let you in, if you disagree they don't. This ensures that things always go their way. It's no secret that the committees often make decisions that the opinions of the participants on the forums run contrary to, let alone the actual regulars on the server. It's self evident that if you are just a regular your opinion doesn't matter, and that's dink's choice to do it that way. I just don't get how y'all think you might change it by arguing about the unfairness. It's designed to be unfair and like jax said, an oligarchy.
(03-09-2021, 04:33 PM)GM Nate Wrote: The whole 'committee' thing is pretty blatant in it's intentions. A small segment of the playerbase want things a particular way. The majority often disagrees with it. If you agree, they let you in, if you disagree they don't. This ensures that things always go their way. It's no secret that the committees often make decisions that the opinions of the participants on the forums run contrary to, let alone the actual regulars on the server. It's self evident that if you are just a regular your opinion doesn't matter, and that's dink's choice to do it that way. I just don't get how y'all think you might change it by arguing about the unfairness. It's designed to be unfair and like jax said, an oligarchy.

Good thing I disbanded the committees a few hours ago.

Shout-out to @Tedgp908 for having an actual good suggestion that doesn't make my headache worse
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(03-09-2021, 04:51 PM)Nicol Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 04:33 PM)GM Nate Wrote: The whole 'committee' thing is pretty blatant in it's intentions. A small segment of the playerbase want things a particular way. The majority often disagrees with it. If you agree, they let you in, if you disagree they don't. This ensures that things always go their way. It's no secret that the committees often make decisions that the opinions of the participants on the forums run contrary to, let alone the actual regulars on the server. It's self evident that if you are just a regular your opinion doesn't matter, and that's dink's choice to do it that way. I just don't get how y'all think you might change it by arguing about the unfairness. It's designed to be unfair and like jax said, an oligarchy.

Good thing I disbanded the committees a few hours ago.

Shout-out to @Tedgp908 for having an actual good suggestion that doesn't make my headache worse

People have said get rid of committees before, definitely not a new idea. That being said, what is the process from here on out? Do you plan on making a post outlining how things are going to precede now that committees are gonezo? Or is that too much of a headache
[Image: xdjlve.png]
There will be a thread outlining changes to current processes and how things will be from now on.
i voted to unban aethor and i would do it again!
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
Yeah I know upper staff are working on a thread now that committees are nuked.

That being said if anyone wants to know how I personally voted on anything during my service on the ban/unban and trusted app committee, I am happy to share with you.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks