Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make me ASAB
Overall, I’m pretty indifferent to whether you get staff or not. In a vacuum you’re fun to play with on TTT. I don’t necessarily agree with some people’s problem with your contrarian POV. I don’t think it’s bad to have a staff member who goes against the “status quo” of the staff team. Whether you’ve taken the correct Avenue a staff member is supposed to take, I have no idea. (Regarding Synthray’s screenshot)

I’m relatively new still to the server, in context of the events that some of the people in this have commented on, so I will not be touching upon those.

That being said, I personally don’t know how you’ll juggle your normal (and in my POV, fun) antics with being staff. A ton of things that you and the people you play with do, are considered (by current staff guidelines) to border the line between rule breaking, trolling and just having fun.

Things like changing your name to PVT Sissy Cuck, in regard to Nate. As a regular you can get away with it, and it’s hilarious. As a staff member, it’s probably not appropriate. Killing your friends, Kosing your friends, ‘targeting’ your friends. Again, hilarious and in good fun as a regular, but not sure how that translates to being staff.

I think that  youre susceptible to favoritism. When you like people, you like them and you’re kind. When you dislike someone, it’s obvious you dislike them. Once again, as a regular that’s not a problem. You can hate / like whoever you like. You can have favorites as a non-staff member. But the moment you become staff, you have to take on an objective approach to the servers, lest you become like some of the other current bad staff members.

Maybe you can do it, you were murder T-Mod so the history is there. I just don’t know if I can see a transition like that.

I also think one of the problems that the current staff has is that many people don’t respect them. If you don’t have the respect of the playerbase then it’s going to be incredibly difficult to moderate. As a regular player, you have respect from most of the server I think. However, that respect will not translate into respect as a trusted in my opinion. Current players respect you as a regular. It’s obvious from many of these replies that you have some history / ‘enemies’ on the staff team as well. I find it hard that you’ll be successful as a trusted if many of the current staff don’t at least respect you. This includes some of the past staff as well.

Finally, in regards to the manipulation and “look at me I’m a quirky gmod girl gimme attention” problem previous posters have pointed out, I’ll just say this. Yeah I guess I can see it a *little*.. But I think the bigger problem in that regard are the retards who let themselves get finessed online by a random e-girl. You definitely play into it a little but at some point it also becomes less your problem and more of the horny m’lady-ers who engage in it.

All in all, I’m indifferent. I could see you possibly bringing some good changes to the community but I can also see you going in the opposite direction as well and being a poor staff member.  I think ultimately if you end up as staff, you’re gonna realize you shot yourself in the foot and you’re going to have to begrudgingly change up how you play TTT which is gonna lead to you not enjoying it anymore.
[Image: xdjlve.png]

Messages In This Thread
Make me ASAB - by Burb - 03-09-2021, 02:43 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by .ceebeast - 03-09-2021, 02:59 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by Damien - 03-09-2021, 06:11 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by Burrito Bowl - 03-09-2021, 08:06 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by David - 03-09-2021, 10:13 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by (s)ynthray - 03-09-2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by David - 03-09-2021, 11:24 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by Lard Lord Jr - 03-09-2021, 11:32 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by VERY RARE - 03-09-2021, 11:36 AM
RE: Make me ASAB - by ding - 03-09-2021, 11:37 AM