Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the r word not be allowed to be said at all in the discord?
Staff really out here power tripping so hard. Any time they don't have enough rules to enforce to occupy their whole day and distract themselves from their real lives entirely, they add a new one.

"Oh people are following the rules, and i cant spend all my free time punishing people for not following the rules? Better make some new ones up."
Retard gives off the wrong vibe to me.. you can argue it's just a synonym for idiot, stupid, moron, etc. but you can't ignore its connection to mental disabilities.. I can definitely see how people would be more offended at someone saying they have a mental disease that automatically makes them dumber than everyone else as opposed to just being called stupid the regular way.

That said, it's a TTT server. It's just that kind of crowd. Discord makes more sense, but I could never see this being enforced on the server itself.
We're gonna follow this:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11412

and everything in da-rules.

I have not been consistent in my staffing techniques on the server, nor the discord. So, from now on I will be following the rules, directly, that were made a loooong time ago. Sorry about representing ASAB. :(

As far as the use of 'Retard'
The consensus is that:
"Man, that gun's damage is retarded!" is okay, however, once you direct it towards someone, that is not allowed.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(03-14-2021, 09:59 PM)Stress Queen Wrote: Retard gives off the wrong vibe to me.. you can argue it's just a synonym for idiot, stupid, moron, etc. but you can't ignore its connection to mental disabilities.. I can definitely see how people would be more offended at someone saying they have a mental disease that automatically makes them dumber than everyone else as opposed to just being called stupid the regular way.
Obviously it should not be allowed to be said against people with mental disabilities, I feel like that should be a warn for Verbal/Text harassment.
this whole argument reminds me of this for some reason
I believe it'd be more agreeable to deal with the usage in context. Obviously It should always be dealt with if used in a derogatory manner, but this is a word i'd end up using as a means of bantering and the whatnot.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
How can you allow the use of a slur? If i can't use it towards people than i can't use it to describe a retarded object either.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(03-14-2021, 10:00 PM)Noire Wrote: We're gonna follow this:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11412

and everything in da-rules.

I have not been consistent in my staffing techniques on the server, nor the discord. So, from now on I will be following the rules, directly, that were made a loooong time ago. Sorry about representing ASAB. :(

As far as the use of 'Retard'
The consensus is that:
"Man, that gun's damage is retarded!" is okay, however, once you direct it towards someone, that is not allowed.
Thank you for linking this, and committing to being more consistent in your staffing techniques. As far as I know, you had no part in my strike, but I truly appreciate it.

I think it would be good for all who staff the discord to read this, rules, and discord TOS (it's pretty short, certain sections can also be omitted because it doesn't apply to their role). In my strike I was never warned once, I can't speak of everyone else but as far as I know, they did not get a verbal warning either before the strike. However, if they did get a verbal warning and continued that is a very different circumstance. Also per those guidelines, the staff member should DM the user with an explanation of what they did wrong. I think this is key in preventing users from multiple rule violations, from not knowing the rules.
(03-14-2021, 10:09 PM)Tedgp908 Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 10:00 PM)Noire Wrote: -snip-
Thank you for linking this, and committing to being more consistent in your staffing techniques. As far as I know, you had no part in my strike, but I truly appreciate it.

I think it would be good for all who staff the discord to read this, rules, and discord TOS (it's pretty short, certain sections can also be omitted because it doesn't apply to their role). In my warning I was never warned once, I can't speak of everyone else but as far as I know, they did not get a verbal warning either before the strike. However, if they did get a verbal warning and continued that is a very different circumstance. Also per those guidelines, the staff member should DM the user with an explanation of what they did wrong. I think this is key in preventing users from multiple rule violations, from not knowing the rules.
When you really look at who dishes out the strikes, well, let's just say that discord staff and admins are the only people who have any sort of power in the discord. I know discord staff *had* to read the rules and follow the guidelines because Avi got on my ass ab it (in a good way)
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
and now i'm muted on the discord for using a word staff decided on a whim, without community feedback, to ban.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]