Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the r word not be allowed to be said at all in the discord?
A couple questions. Did anyone express discomfort with the term before the warning was issued? Or was this a in the moment thing? Will this be enforced on the servers as well particularly the TTT server.

Admittedly I don't find the term offensive as everyone I've known have used it since children and imo unless its being directed at a disabled community member I don't see an issue. While "retard" is a pejorative for the disabled the word is also commonly used to describe things they find dumb or stupid. If you are going to consider a term that no longer used to define the disabled a slur then will terms likes "moron", "idiot", "cretin" and "imbecile" be punished as well? As they were all terms that at one point used towards people with mental disabilities and low IQ. Context matters and i don't think this should be a punishable offense unless its genuinely being used to degrade someone for their disabilities.
[Image: J6yUs0g]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the r word not be allowed to be said at all in the discord? - by gg.☽ - 03-14-2021, 09:49 PM