Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in Discord Warning for a Hypothetical Joke
TBH the only reason I issued the warning is that the items you posted are ways someone can forum evade.
Of course you meant it as a joke - but the issue is that someone could see the suggestion and decide to implement the advice.
You wound't be responsible at all for anyone actually evading - but someone seeing what you typed could lead to something worse. THat's why it is against discord TOS and why I struck you for it.
The issue is, what happens if someone who is forum banned or server banned sees your post in discord? and decides to implement it? I get you are not advcating for it, the only real issue here is that it can give bad ideas to bad parties.

That being said I have already given my thunbs up to having yoru strike appeal approved. At the moment mods aren't supposed to process strike appeals but I'm sure Nicol will do later.

Addressing your points in order:
1. Agreed that you are not responsible for anyone alt evading. That is not why I warned.
2. I didn't see the full context but my point stands. Someone else who is forum banned could see the post and decide to ban evade the forums. Or worse - a game server. Implementing the advice you joked about could cause some actual problems for server staff or forum admins.
3. The main issue is what if bad parties see this? This is why it is a discord TOS rule - bad parties could see this and decide to use the advice you posted. A clear joke between friends was done in the open, in general
4. They have. People often get yeeted by server staff from the discord for posting cheats/hacks or alt evasion advise before discord staff get to it. If I don't warn for it, that is because I didn't see it.

Among the examples you posted, Nicky should proably also have been warned Just saying "alt evading" isnt the issue, but explaining HOW to do so is the issue.

That being said I probably should have just DM'd you instead of striking you.
And the rules should probably be clarified to prohibit conversation around the topic in the future.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Transparency in Discord Warning for a Hypothetical Joke - by Jammin - 04-02-2021, 02:55 PM