Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in Discord Warning for a Hypothetical Joke
(04-02-2021, 04:13 PM)Avi Wrote: I think you are misunderstanding Discord TOS in a situation like this. The Discord Community Guidelines are an extension of the TOS, which references using ban evasion/methods of circumventing bans as a break in TOS, however, this is only in reference to Discord related evasion (either circumventing user blocks on Discord or Discord server bans). Their TOS covers other issues regarding games, circumventing, etc. but not in reference to forum ban evading.
I guess I saw this as more of an extension of guideline 13 on sharing of methods to hack/cheat servers. Just as you don't want to share a method to acquire an aimbot, you also don't want to acquire a method to evade a forum ban/game ban/discord ban/etc/etc. But I guess evasion of non-discord bans aren't technically covered under that.

As I said, I didn't see the full context of the joke. I actually thought he was discussing, perhaps in a joking manner, how to evade a game ban.

I maintain that discussion of methods on how to evade any kind of ban - discord, forum, server - shouldn't be permitted in the official discord.

I also maintain that his strike should be removed.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addressing Transparency in Discord Warning for a Hypothetical Joke - by Jammin - 04-02-2021, 04:23 PM