Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Discord Mod B0T
Ok so lets set a few things straight. 
(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: Well 1.) I wasn’t the one who even threatened legal action, or mentioned legal action at all. 
That was a metaphorical "you" at first and was carried over. I will reword that again. Apologies did not mean to point at you during this whole thing. 

"Just because legal action was brought up and people said "JK" , the JK doesn't mean anything to me. The whole thing caused a couple of folks to leave discord staff."

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote:        2.) If making a thread about a pedophile “made a couple discord staff leave”, then okay? Am I supposed to feel bad? (Not to mentioned I didn’t even make the thread) It was then discovered 2 days later that Abdel, who was mentioned in the thread complaint, had been grooming and harassing people for a while. So you would think people would have been satisfied that it was brought to their attention. Also the fact you just blamed me for causing a few discord staff to leave is hilarious. How much power / influence do you think I have? I must be the biggest dinks bully if I was able to pull that off. 
Discord staff cannot catch everything. We have lives to worry about. The fact that they were threatened with legal action (although they said it wasn't but it was very much seen as that), is a clear sign that there are people on here that troll discord staff to a point where they leave. Why bring it up to that point instead of just making a normal thread for once? Why bring in that extra legal shit into the thread instead of just keeping it civil? You got no influence over my actions tbh. Hilarious to think that you do.  

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: Which brings me to my greater point, in a thread about a possible pedophile (which later turned out to be true, considered Abdel was banned like 6 days later) you decided to hijack the thread with your pseudo-resignation and complain about how bad discord staff have it. 
Do you really think in your right mind I am going to make comments on a thread around the topic when legal action was brought up? I am not stupid. I am not making comments about the whole Abdel thing but its completely unrelated to the thread. You think that thread was the breaking point of that whole situation? Nope.

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: There’s not a “divide” caused by trolls. There’s a few trolls who don’t even visit the discord that often because they have their own discord. 
You didn’t resign because of my comments, because I didn’t mention your name once and I have had like one interaction with you outside this thread. Stop trying to project blame onto me, when frankly I did nothing, except in this instance question your resignation, which is valid.
The community is the exact same it was 3 weeks ago save some administrative changes. What support did you all-the-sudden get that you didn’t have before?
Again, as stated before, the main reason I left was because of the whole legal action that was brought up.
Lets go over what I said below: 
[Image: VGiRrJx.png]
1. I got busy, I had a lot of work at the time. I was tired. I was dealing with a kid. These are normal things. My schedule has shifted because my partner is finishing up school. That happens to everyone. Schedules can shift. 
2. Discord staff are humans. There is a lot of toxicity towards discord staff in general. You cannot deny this fact. Open your eyes a bit and look at how people respond to us when we are just enforcing the rules. 
3. Did you see how I said "Us" when I was talking about the stress that is being caused from all the crazyness brought up? I wasn't talking about me only in this case. You think that after staffing for 10+ years that a troll is going to cause me stress? yeah ok. 

So let me go over it one last time. 1. I got busy and was dealing with shit. Schedules shifted 2. I got tired of seeing the backlash that was facing all discord staff with no support. 3. I resigned mainly due to legal action and was stating a point around how the thread was worded and how it was going that was mostly unrelated to my resignation. I was not about to make comments about a thread with legal action brought up

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: There’s not a “divide” caused by trolls. There’s a few trolls who don’t even visit the discord that often because they have their own discord.
You didn’t resign because of my comments, because I didn’t mention your name once and I have had like one interaction with you outside this thread. Stop trying to project blame onto me, when frankly I did nothing, except in this instance question your resignation, which is valid.
The community is the exact same it was 3 weeks ago save some administrative changes. What support did you all-the-sudden get that you didn’t have before?
Yes there was a divide. It was there and it still is. I am not going to go into it with you on my app but feel free to hop on discord and I can help explain it to you (I am being serious I do not mind).
As stated in a previous comment, I did not mean to blame it on you just misworded and frankly didnt notice. You know I didn't even leave for 3 weeks right? I left for 4-5 days. Yes there were changes. The discord staff team is getting more support. A major part of me coming back was seeing Nicol start hopping on things and working to improve some stuff on discord from input that we had. I see potential coming up that will fix the issues that discord staff has been seeing. As Jammin stated in his thread, there is a lot of things that are coming up or have been going on that you might not know about.

(04-05-2021, 04:08 AM)(j)ax Wrote: Your explanation is really just a big shift of blame onto everyone else, without taking any responsibility for yourself. “I resigned because of the trolls, but I also unresigned because of the trolls” is essentially what you just said. You resigned because “my little comments”? If you can’t even handle what I say, which 99% isn’t even trolling, how do you think you’re going to manage actually trolling / harassment. Not to mention you blamed me twice for things that I didn’t even say, or do.
And here we are.  You are picking and choosing things instead of looking at the whole situation. There sometimes is more to it than what is showing on the surface. I agree the whole thing about me saying "You" was not correct and I stated that above and I do apologize for that. I hope that my responses above answer some of your questions you had brought up.

-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Discord Mod B0T - by B0T. ikillyou - 04-03-2021, 09:46 PM
RE: The Discord Mod B0T - by real (4) - 04-03-2021, 09:55 PM
RE: The Discord Mod B0T - by synthray - 04-03-2021, 09:57 PM
RE: The Discord Mod B0T - by gerbil - 04-03-2021, 10:10 PM
RE: The Discord Mod B0T - by (j)ax - 04-04-2021, 07:17 AM
RE: The Discord Mod B0T - by Eternal - 04-04-2021, 12:56 PM
RE: The Discord Mod B0T - by (j)ax - 04-04-2021, 01:16 PM
RE: The Discord Mod B0T - by Jammin - 04-04-2021, 12:59 PM