Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOTE HERE TO BAN BHOPPING FROM DINKS
(04-21-2021, 08:01 PM)Deadpool Wrote: Says bhoping discourages new players, but uses the knife every T round he has.

Bhopping and the knife are so entirely different it’s hilarious you’d even try to compare them. The knife gives you a single instance of advantage over one player, only on T rounds, whereas bhopping provides an advantage in EVERY interaction, innocent or t or detective. Bhopping is way more of an advantage-gaining exploit than the knife.
Respect your elders
(04-21-2021, 08:07 PM)Zenful Wrote: Pardon my dumbass but I thought it was already banned? Is that true for PH or no?
u can't bhop on ph or at the very least i haven't been able/ seen anyone on ph. TTT is fine with it as long as its legit
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(04-21-2021, 08:07 PM)Zenful Wrote: Pardon my dumbass but I thought it was already banned? Is that true for PH or no?

It is bannable on TTT if you are using a script (program) to do it. But if you are doing it “manually” it is perfectly legal.
Respect your elders
(04-21-2021, 08:10 PM)Jaerixon Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 08:01 PM)Deadpool Wrote: Says bhoping discourages new players, but uses the knife every T round he has.

Bhopping and the knife are so entirely different it’s hilarious you’d even try to compare them. The knife gives you a single instance of advantage over one player, only on T rounds, whereas bhopping provides an advantage in EVERY interaction, innocent or t or detective. Bhopping is way more of an advantage-gaining exploit than the knife.

lol youre right they arent comparable.
It actually takes skill and practice to bhop.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
bhopping is fun, it is a skill.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator

Last time I checked, bhopping doesn't instakill.
Bunny hopping is not an exploit, it's Source engine physics working as they were programmed. Bunny hopping has been known since the release of Quake in 1996, and is still in games running the Source engine like Titanfall 2 and CS:GO. This "exploit" is 25 years old. If it was an exploit, it would have been patched before I was born. It's not an exploit.

Now onto the actual question, bunnyhopping should remain allowed. HOWEVER, as it stands right now, it's broken. This is because the sv_airaccelerate cvar is set to an extremely high value of 1000 (the default is 10) as I explained in this thread. This makes it extremely easy for players to build high speed and control movement extremely precisely in mid air.

This video shows a comparison of bunnyhopping with different values of sv_airaccelerate. Setting this value lower would solve a lot of the gripes about bunnyhopping being too powerful, because it would be much less easy to perform.

(04-21-2021, 08:17 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:

Last time I checked, bhopping doesn't instakill.

It doesn’t have to be “instakill” to be an advantage. Bhopping allows players to evade T’s and they literally cannot catch up unless they too can bhop. Imagine cheating to win and telling yourself you won because of your “skill”.
Respect your elders
(04-21-2021, 08:18 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Bunny hopping is not an exploit, it's Source engine physics working as they were programmed. Bunny hopping has been known since the release of Quake in 1996, and is still in games running the Source engine like Titanfall 2 and CS:GO. This "exploit" is 25 years old. If it was an exploit, it would have been patched before I was born. It's not an exploit.

Now onto the actual question, bunnyhopping should remain allowed. HOWEVER, as it stands right now, it's broken. This is because the sv_airaccelerate cvar is set to an extremely high value of 1000 (the default is 10) as I explained in this thread. This makes it extremely easy for players to build high speed and control movement extremely precisely in mid air.

This video shows a comparison of bunnyhopping with different values of sv_airaccelerate. Setting this value lower would solve a lot of the gripes about bunnyhopping being too powerful, because it would be much less easy and versatile.

Bhopping using the jump pack and bhopping without it are immensely different. Yes, the airaccel level is what allows people to instantly turn corners and all, but changing it caters to people who are garbage and punishes good players who have good movement. let's remove the jump pack instead thanks
(04-21-2021, 08:21 PM)Jaerixon Wrote: they literally cannot catch up

gun