Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let the rodent out of the cage [ Mod Application ]
I do not wish to derail Geb's application here any further, but I was disgusted by what I read from Speedydog and want to post my response to his points.

Point 1

This is not a "job" and it is frankly quite upsetting that you would call it such. We do not get paid, we get no compensation of any sort. We do this as volunteer work in order to make the server a more playable and enjoyable place for all. I do not have the On-Call role on for any server, yet I hold a staff rank on three. I go on when I can and when I feel like it. I have no other obligation to get on at any time. No staff member is ever obliged to get on. I know that when Geb did have the On-Call role, he often did feel obliged to get on because he took those pings seriously. And that caused him stress. A volunteer position should not lead to stress. 

You have no valid criticism in your point here. If Geb wants to play at night, he can play at night. You have no right to tell him when to play and if you really think you do, you need to reassess your entitlements. Geb can play whatever game they want too when they are not on the server - Phasmophobia, Sea of Thieves, or whatever. You do not control what they do off the server, nor do you control what they do on the server. 

Sona shut down over a year ago, if not longer. You can consider what happened back then, but that should have little bearing if there are months of current staffing experience on the current server in which Geb plays.

Also, people get up to go pee, grab a snack, or stop their dog from having a seizure while playing sometimes. That means they get up from their computer. And yes, that includes staff members. So before you go claiming "incompetence and blatant unwillingness to help," please provide some proof of such - that they were there and active and still ignored the prop in the illegal spot.

Point 2

I'm not sure the relevance of the comment with Pixie with Geb mentioning their ankle in pain. People share things about their life in the Discord and on the server all the time. That's not "begging for attention." That's just people talking or sharing. Begging for attention is screaming the n word on the server. 

The comment with Benny is obviously a joke. The staff are not robots and are allowed to mess around a little. I do it too and there's nothing wrong with it as long as it is kept within certain limits. Obviously Geb is not telling Benny to literally go on the server and start insulting and harassing other players. If you genuinely think that, then you are an idiot.

I frequently get friend requests from regulars and players on the servers - whether that be PH or TTT. I do not add people unless I plan on playing a game with them out of Garry's Mod. I do not see a reason to clog up my friend request with people I can just communicate via Discord with. The only reason I add people on Steam today is to play other games or if Discord communication is difficult. Geb is absolutely not obliged to add you or any other friends on Steam. If they did block anyone on Steam, I'm sure it was only a couple of people and for good reason. If Geb blocked you, they sure as hell had a great reason for doing so.

The Sona people are tryhards. That is a fact. You guys dominate the scoreboards constantly and I can easily see how it is frustrating for other players that may not have studied every last corner of some of the server's most popular maps. Besides, we make fun of many other servers in our community - like moat, the Deathrun server, the TTT server. It's literally not a big deal.

Point 3

I'm not really understanding these screenshots or what I am supposed to be seeing here. That does not mean I am dismissing the fact that this point is one where there are accusations of harassing minors, but it just means I am not sure what these are supposed to show. The context is entirely missing. You literally only included comments from Geb here, which hardly shows us anything at all. Some of these posts are from when Geb himself was underage, so that just makes me even more uncomfortable that you chose to share these publically.

The fact that you did not share these images with Fish, me, Dink, or any other admin just makes me very suspicious. Frankly, it just comes across as incredibly petty and untrustworthy that you decided to post these make not only the admins, but the entire community, aware of these accusations for the first time on Geb's moderator app. 

Again, this seems incredibly disingenuous. If you really cared, you would have sent these directly to Fish or anyone else in the upper staff to make them aware of these bold accusations and be able to better protect the anonymity and identity of the minors that may have been harassed. 

Point 4

This is not a leak. We used to have the relay itself open until only a few months ago so many players are already aware of the means in which we sometimes are able to catch hackers. This evidence, as Fish already stated, is publicly posted on ban requests and unban requests quite often. 

Leaking a private Discord chat is not prohibited. If the reasons for doing so were to simply stir drama, that is problematic. If the reasons for doing so were to prevent a major ass from joining the staff team, then kudos to the leaker.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let the rodent out of the cage [ Mod Application ] - by Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca De La Ley - 06-11-2021, 12:42 AM