Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Toonze 4 Trusted!!!
Toonze is a great guy for the server, definitely brings nothing but positive energy and good vibes to the community when he is on. His understanding of the rules is certainly better than the average player, no doubt a result of #420BlazeIt hours on Dinkleberg's TTT Fast Downloads! Staff Needed. I think he could do a good job as Trusted, but there are some things I usually prefer to see in a player's "resume" before recommending them for staff position, specifically in this case, ban requests to the forums, "pings" to staff on Discord for help when someone is RDMing or needing a ban, and just generally being an involved member of the community on Discord.

I believe our staff do an excellent job filing ban requests if we are online (it's literally part of our job), but we only have so many staff members and unfortunately we can't be present on the server to monitor behavior 24/7. During our absence, we rely on members outside of our staff team to do their best to help keep things under control by going "above and beyond" the game by drafting and filing ban requests. It is a vital role, one that the staff and the server as a whole benefit from, and usually demonstrates that someone is not only capable of performing the tasks staff members have to do (make judgements citing the !motd, collecting evidence, etc.), but that they have the desire, the willpower, the initiative, the drive, whatever you want to call it, to put in the work. I think you are capable of doing these things and I think there is opportunity for you to file ban requests, especially with how often you play in the evenings without staff on, but as of yet, you haven't done any.

Additionally, sometimes the easiest thing to do is to ping staff on Discord to let them know someone is RDMing and asking them if they can get on. Typically, you should be "pinging" staff as a first step, and if they aren't available, you begin collecting evidence for a post to the forums. "Pinging" us is not that hard, yet a surprising number of people don't do it. If you really want to be staff, I'd like to see you being the one on the server who takes the initiative to contact staff.

The bit about Discord will be easy for you. Unless you use a different name there, I just don't really recall seeing you on. I think it would help you stay connected to the community, plus it's just a fun place to goof around in.

For these reasons as of right now I can only say +0 to your current application. I am confident you can do all the things and would more than happy to help you learn whatever is necessary. The all-mighty Admins, in their glorious divine wisdom, will ultimately make the decision, my words are just my opinion, but I'm glad you applied since whatever the outcome, this is the first step!
Respect your elders

Messages In This Thread
Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Toonze - 05-08-2021, 02:25 AM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Cryptic Salsa - 05-08-2021, 03:02 AM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Jaerixon - 05-08-2021, 12:30 PM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Uriel'is - 05-08-2021, 03:17 PM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Ji - 05-08-2021, 08:11 PM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Dolphin - 05-08-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by MiniMe2001 - 05-08-2021, 10:30 PM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Damien - 05-09-2021, 05:16 AM
RE: Toonze 4 Trusted!!! - by Battons - 05-10-2021, 08:47 PM