Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False alt-evasion
@RussEfarmer and @TheUltraFish
Thank you for your comments, I appreciate you guys taking the time to read my unban request.
@TheUltraFish, I would like to address your comments at this time.  While I do not agree with the ban at all, I respect your right as Admins (and Mods) to make the call.
I did not see Rule 12, I was going off what Pixie said on PH tonight (what was relayed to me through multiple others, please check the chat logs) that the rule I broke was trolling.

In regards to what Flacko said, I stand corrected.  I was going off memory since I obviously couldn't get onto dinks to see the previous game's chat logs.
I thought Flacko would find it funny.  If I'm entirely honest, I thought it was pretty obvious I wasn't Paste (because as you state, you didn't think the original paste could be that stupid).

I actually think the time of an account does matter.  If you check Paste's account he played ~50 hours in the last 2 weeks while I played ~90 hours.
While it is true that some people may have family accounts, if my account was actually a family account, it should have the same IP as Paste when I play a game then.
True, I could spoof my IP address, but then we are saying that every time paste got on his alt account, he purposely changes his IP address.
This is pretty far-fetched if you ask me.  So that would put Paste at ~140 hours in 2 weeks.

In regards to the other staff members believing that I was Paste, I still would purport that the evidence for an alt evasion ban needs to be raised.
As you said, the methods you used to normally catch alt evaders failed.  In my humble opinion, that should be a litmus test.
If someone can change their name/profile and get someone banned easily, then it might be a good idea to raise the level of proof required.

I looked at the trolling rules specifically because of what I mentioned above.  After further reading the rules, I don't see a separate category for racism (just trolling).
If racism is separated from trolling, I think the PH rules should be amended for clarity.
You did mention that people saying the N-word first get a warning (which I honestly think does more damage than what I did).
I know for a fact that racism on the server has put off new players before.
While changing my name/profile to what Paste had was wrong, I would argue that the racism from players is worse.  However, my ideas for the rules about racism can be saved for a suggestions post.

To end my explanation, I would argue that while my answers to your questions were suspicious (again, I couldn't revisit the chat after my ban so I was going from memory, so I apologize for misremembering details), that shouldn't be enough for an alt evasion ban.
All it takes is someone to maliciously pretend to be someone else to get them banned.  While I'm sure you don't like the idea of some bad actors "slipping through the cracks", but still banning when your normal methods of alt detection fail seems dangerous.
However, I'm not an admin/mod and it's not my server, so of course, your word(s) are final.

Finally, @TheUltraFish, I don't appreciate the personal comment you made by calling me a creep.
On the applications for staff, you and the other mods consistently use "professionalism" as one of your standards for evaluating the applications.
I would ask that you refrain from your personal opinions of others when drafting your comments.

I will respect the decision of you and your mod team.  If you have any other questions/comments, I would be happy to answer them.  Have a good night.

Messages In This Thread
False alt-evasion - by HARMLESS - 06-02-2021, 07:05 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by The Triangle - 06-02-2021, 07:54 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by Thayr - 06-02-2021, 08:00 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by TheUltraFish - 06-02-2021, 08:31 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by RussEfarmer - 06-02-2021, 08:23 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by WingRiddenAngel - 06-02-2021, 09:05 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by TheUltraFish - 06-02-2021, 09:06 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by HARMLESS - 06-02-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by TheUltraFish - 06-02-2021, 10:47 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by The Triangle - 06-02-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: False alt-evasion - by MissPauling - 06-02-2021, 10:29 PM