Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This needs to be addressed (Farewell)
I would like to respond to some this as the viewpoint of "staff", just for transparency reasons and clarity.

(06-10-2021, 12:52 PM)chelllman Wrote: -snip-
In Steel's application, he was accused multiple times of micspam.  I really think evidence is really important to present in a staff application.  Memory is a fickle thing, so it is entirely possible the staff remembers things too harshly, or Steel remembers it in a better light.  That's why evidence should be presented so it's not a "he/she/other said" thing. 
-snip-

It's also entirely possible (and probable) that what is considered micspam varies from staff to staff.  Some people may view being loud in the mic when talking as spam, and others may not.
-snip-

The application in question is an application for staff. Not a ban request, not a ban appeal. We (staff) collect evidence mostly for banning reasons, or potential future issues. For myself personally, among many other TTT staff, we store evidence for a period of time after banning someone, or when we see something that could lead to future issues. Micspam is a very minor thing that often won't be kept for any extended period of time. For myself personally, I keep evidence for maybe a month after banning someone, in preparation of them making an appeal. Past that, unless the evidence was deemed important enough to upload (like harassment, severe racism, potential hacking, etc), I'll delete it. It may be a minor issue not worthy of keeping evidence of forever, but it is still worth bringing up when someone applies for staff.

Does evidence exist of the micspam? I don't know. I know that I personally delete evidence of micspam after maybe a week or so, especially if it isn't from a repeat offender. We have watchlists to fill in the gaps. We use the lists to log issues to watch out for in the future, not always attaching evidence if it's for minor offences such as micspam, but still to provide clarity for the future and for record-keeping. 

As for the micspam varying from staff to staff, this is true. It does. However, just about every staff member would view being overtly loud for no apparent reason as micspam. You have to remember there are 30-40 other people in the Dinks servers. We do our best to make sure the experience for all of them is fun, not just the one or two people at any given time that think loud = funny

Messages In This Thread
RE: This needs to be addressed (Farewell) - by Ethan - 06-10-2021, 04:47 PM
RE: This needs to be addressed (Farewell) - by David - 06-10-2021, 07:29 PM