Poll: Thoughts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YEEEE
75.00%
6 75.00%
nah
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM CROSSHAIRS
Real talk though, custom crosshairs would make the overall enjoyment of TTT way better. I'm personally not a fan of dealing with dynamic crosshairs. The ability to only change the alpha and the size of the crosshair just doesn't do it for the majority of us. I think it would be nice to use static crosshairs and the ability to change the shape or color. (Sort of like CS:GO).

I'm almost certain that many of us would appreciate it!
Yeah, but they're pointshop items. Pay to win BAYBEEE
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
Yes. I would also like to leave this link here. It is a custom crosshair maker. It is nothing too complex but it works great! This is a client-side and server side (hi dink) workshop addon that will allow players to make their own crosshair. It does have an issue with conflicting with existing crosshairs that are embedded in weapons but I do not know if there is a fix for that. Regardless, here is my suggestion. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1834710531

Also, is this were to be put on the server there would need to be a script that runs a client side command when you press a button like for example F2. This is very easy to do with a simple lua script being installed server-side such as this. 
Code:
if SERVER then
  AddCSLuaFile()
  return
end

local key_is_down = false;
local lastPress = 0
local function KeyPressedHook()
    if(input.IsKeyDown(KEY_F2) and not key_is_down) and CurTime() > lastPress + 0.5 then
        key_is_down = true;
        RunConsoleCommand("xhair_menu");
        lastPress = CurTime()
    else
        key_is_down = false;
    end
end
hook.Add("Think","KeyPressedHook",KeyPressedHook);
That will make it so that the players on the server will run the command that is needed to be typed out in console with the push of a button. It's a simple enough workaround. I just wish there was a way to disable the crosshair that comes with the weapons, if someone could figure out how to do that then custom crosshairs would be the perfect addon for dinks ttt! Hopefully this gets the recognition it deserves :)

Also, welcome to the forums :)
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(06-21-2021, 12:02 AM)Here lies Eggroll's reputation. Wrote: Yes. I would also like to leave this link here. It is a custom crosshair maker. It is nothing too complex but it works great! This is a client-side and server side (hi dink) workshop addon that will allow players to make their own crosshair. It does have an issue with conflicting with existing crosshairs that are embedded in weapons but I do not know if there is a fix for that. Regardless, here is my suggestion. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1834710531

Also, is this were to be put on the server there would need to be a script that runs a client side command when you press a button like for example F2. This is very easy to do with a simple lua script being installed server-side such as this. 
Code:
if SERVER then
  AddCSLuaFile()
  return
end

local key_is_down = false;
local lastPress = 0
local function KeyPressedHook()
    if(input.IsKeyDown(KEY_F2) and not key_is_down) and CurTime() > lastPress + 0.5 then
        key_is_down = true;
        RunConsoleCommand("xhair_menu");
        lastPress = CurTime()
    else
        key_is_down = false;
    end
end
hook.Add("Think","KeyPressedHook",KeyPressedHook);
That will make it so that the players on the server will run the command that is needed to be typed out in console with the push of a button. It's a simple enough workaround. I just wish there was a way to disable the crosshair that comes with the weapons, if someone could figure out how to do that then custom crosshairs would be the perfect addon for dinks ttt! Hopefully this gets the recognition it deserves :)

Also, welcome to the forums :)
There is an older forum that covered the idea of custom crosshairs. I'm wondering if the provided link would be a potential thing to add. Would there be anything contradicting, in regards to base crosshairs with something like this?

Forum Link: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=4054
The GitHub Files: https://github.com/Facepunch/garrysmod/pull/1376
heard you bring this up earlier on the server and i immediately pressed my mic key to tell you how much i agree until i realized i was dead
that being said i abso-fucking-lutely agree that custom crosshairs would be amazing
+1