Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map Suggestion Megathread
(06-20-2021, 05:45 PM)Noire Wrote: I'd like to state this, in testing the maps what works for 1-10 people can face big problems when tasked with fitting all 32. (when it comes to map optimization) We ran into that issue with ttt_abyss, the server just couldn't handle it.
absolutely, i totally get this but i only recommended maps that i’ve played before, and i’ve played all of them with 24-32 people which is why i was questioning the issue of optimization on some of the maps
Gonna give my two cents here, generally I agree with adding more maps but when I initially read the intro I assumed you were going for a revamp of the map vote system which I think is really the only solution to this system. 

+ttt_forest_final (similar to ttt_port but smaller, still capable of supporting 32 players)
I have plenty of experience on this map and while I cannot say how differently it would play on this server, I can say that it has an issue that you seem to dislike most which is that the rounds last forever due to delay. 

+ttt_skyscraper_2015_v1p_f4 (really unsure about this one, but it could definitely be a nice mix-up. I don't imagine it being all that unbalanced, no matter how much people use C4's)
This map is worse than clue when it comes to C4, so much worse. Rounds on this map go by lightning quick because of it.
-ttt_skeld (way too small, has jarringly bad issues with being able to dominate as traitors by camping the reactor during meltdown, extremely difficult to prevent)
T domination requires actual team work which tends to be a lacking trait for most players, criticize the vents, most people get stuck and don't know how to get out. 

-ttt_amsterville (way too big, could literally be split into two separate maps and those might still be too big)
Agreed, remove it
-ttt_toytimegalaxy (see above, way too big)  
Also agreed. 
-ttt_canyon_a4 (see above, way too big)
Blasphemy, this map may be big but its open and easily traversable 
-ttt_rooftops_2016 (way too big, turns into sniper hell)
See above

-ttt_terrortrain (is literally just two long hallways stacked on top of each other with no real room to move 
This gives the advantage of quick and fun rounds, also there is plenty of room to move, you forgot the roof. 
-ttt_terrortown (poor visibility, generally poor quality and a bad experience)
Use your flashlight, its a night map.
-ttt_wintermansion_beta2 (awful visibility outside, very little ammo, leads to people camping in the dark)
Also use your flashlight, then you could see the people in the dark
-ttt_whitehouse_v9 (way too big and convoluted, leads to long rounds)
My bias is speaking but I prefer the older version of whitehouse, this one though can be a liiiiiiiil long with its rounds. 
-ttt_floodlights (while I do like how different the vertical play is, it's also fairly convoluted and has an area accessible only by elevator, leading to a lot of camping and delaying)
Bro, there is another way into the basement besides the elevator. Put on your exploring cap and go find out. 
-ttt_skytower_b1 (super convoluted map, way more overly complex than it needs to be)
At this point I'm starting to think all maps that have a creative layout are way too complicated for you to handle. I'm gonna pull the (Stop criticizing these maps for being too complex if you're not a mapper) card. 
-ttt_vault (actually a really cool fallout recreation but still hard to play on for the reasons above)
See above

That's pretty much all I have to say, skimming past the rest.
(06-20-2021, 07:13 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: youll never take my cummy cradle also i like that either all or near all of the new maps you want removed -1
believe me i like crummy cradle too, as i said i was very iffy on if it should be removed or not since any issues it has are ultimately due to the players’ behavior
also several of the new maps added in the 5/24 summer update shared jarring issues, namely arghhh and skeld, and plenty of people questioned if they were remotely playtested because of how bad the issues they had were; just because its new doesn’t mean its good nor free from criticism 
that being said if you, or anyone else, want to actually suggest new maps, id love to see what people find, or what they’ve played on before and enjoyed since theres a ton of obscure but great maps out there
Skeld: Full agree
Amsterville: I like the scale but for some reason retards always vote it with like 7 people on
ToyTime: Full agree
Arghh: Full agree
Canyon: Canyon is too good to ever remove, one time I was grapple exploiting on that map and I got propkilled accidentally by a flying barrel when I was in the air
Rooftops: Closest thing to a Rockstar game that we have on the server, and just like every Rockstar game, I consider it the holy supermap to ever exist. Snipers can suck but come on, there are a lot of indoor maps where sniping is completely obsolete, let there be one were snipers are really viable.
Terrortrain: Too classic and too unique to remove
Terrortown: Sucks dick
Wintermansion: yeah
Whitehouse: Suffers from same spot syndrome, when I play this map I either go to the bunker or wonder around until I get domed in the back of the head
Floodlights: I also like how vertical it is but its really easy to get lost on that one, also it looks a lot like skytower and office, probably way too much
Skytower: Speak of the devil, I personally really like this map but it does have it's issues
Vault: Yeah it should probably be smaller
Datmap: I personally don't find myself getting lost on this map, but some spots (like the tester) should be more accessible
Crummycradle: Wtf retard its too good
Metropolis: Could do with just like, 2 or 3 buildings
Lostland: Full agree, if this was a 40 player server then maybe it'd be big enough, but not closed to packed
Redcanyon: Haven't played yet, actually. But I did play it on FOF and it was a good map
Ratsdorm: I like grapple exploiting on it too much to remove
Rpgvillage: YO FUCK RPG VILLAGE AND FUCK ITS MAC10S
AlsPenthouse: We need less Rats maps and this one sucks dick
Badjan: I like it but I'd prefer if it was brighter, does suffer from same spot syndrome though

Will cover the ones you wanna add later
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
(06-20-2021, 09:49 PM)Gabeolo Wrote: Skeld: Full agree
Amsterville: I like the scale but for some reason retards always vote it with like 7 people on
ToyTime: Full agree
Arghh: Full agree
Canyon: Canyon is too good to ever remove, one time I was grapple exploiting on that map and I got propkilled accidentally by a flying barrel when I was in the air
Rooftops: Closest thing to a Rockstar game that we have on the server, and just like every Rockstar game, I consider it the holy supermap to ever exist. Snipers can suck but come on, there are a lot of indoor maps where sniping is completely obsolete, let there be one were snipers are really viable.
Terrortrain: Too classic and too unique to remove
Terrortown: Sucks dick
Wintermansion: yeah
Whitehouse: Suffers from same spot syndrome, when I play this map I either go to the bunker or wonder around until I get domed in the back of the head
Floodlights: I also like how vertical it is but its really easy to get lost on that one, also it looks a lot like skytower and office, probably way too much
Skytower: Speak of the devil, I personally really like this map but it does have it's issues
Vault: Yeah it should probably be smaller
Datmap: I personally don't find myself getting lost on this map, but some spots (like the tester) should be more accessible
Crummycradle: Wtf retard its too good
Metropolis: Could do with just like, 2 or 3 buildings
Lostland: Full agree, if this was a 40 player server then maybe it'd be big enough, but not closed to packed
Redcanyon: Haven't played yet, actually. But I did play it on FOF and it was a good map
Ratsdorm: I like grapple exploiting on it too much to remove
Rpgvillage: YO FUCK RPG VILLAGE AND FUCK ITS MAC10S
AlsPenthouse: We need less Rats maps and this one sucks dick
Badjan: I like it but I'd prefer if it was brighter, does suffer from same spot syndrome though

Will cover the ones you wanna add later

As a side note, I find it absolutely criminal that the version of ttt_metropolis we have on the server is not this one.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=153600777
we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port we love port WE ALSO LOVE SKYSCRAPER WE LOVE SKYSCRAPER

REMOVE SKELD PLEASE REMOVE SKELD I BEG OF YOU
(06-20-2021, 07:41 PM)Nimble Jack Wrote: Gonna give my two cents here, generally I agree with adding more maps but when I initially read the intro I assumed you were going for a revamp of the map vote system which I think is really the only solution to this system. 

-ttt_skeld (way too small, has jarringly bad issues with being able to dominate as traitors by camping the reactor during meltdown, extremely difficult to prevent)
T domination requires actual team work which tends to be a lacking trait for most players, criticize the vents, most people get stuck and don't know how to get out. 
This isn't true. T domination is mindlessly easy since all you need is one other person to go to the reactor room with you and set up a turret and you can 2v20 (no joke) the server, and that's assuming 20 people are competent and will rush you/know what to do (they won't).
(06-21-2021, 07:13 AM)lazy Wrote:
(06-20-2021, 07:41 PM)Nimble Jack Wrote: Gonna give my two cents here, generally I agree with adding more maps but when I initially read the intro I assumed you were going for a revamp of the map vote system which I think is really the only solution to this system. 

This isn't true. T domination is mindlessly easy since all you need is one other person to go to the reactor room with you and set up a turret and you can 2v20 (no joke) the server, and that's assuming 20 people are competent and will rush you/know what to do (they won't).

Reactor room is small enough that one or two incinds would completely clear it out.
(06-21-2021, 12:11 PM)Nimble Jack Wrote:
(06-21-2021, 07:13 AM)lazy Wrote:

Reactor room is small enough that one or two incinds would completely clear it out.

T's throw incends in the hallways before you even get there. Then you throw incends back in which means you cant disable the reactor meltdown. You are out of time. You lose. This doesn't even factor in that T's don't have to sit in the reactor room to defend it either, it's just the path of least resistance.

I realize that you may not see this as a problem, but trust me when I say that when you go from theory to reality that it becomes basically impossible for innos to win on skeld when this strat is used. I am more than willing to demonstrate it every time we are on that shit map.
Some interesting suggestions, I'll note some of the things I see and think it over.