Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
he is expecting this to be appealed
boob
Other: I do apologize for the timing, we had no idea something else was going on, and my condolences go out to Fish and Matt and Battons for all the work they've been putting in. I really am sorry that we made last night just a lot worse.

I think I will be the one to add some clarification on this portion so that everyone is on the same page. For nearly 5 months now, a user who has been a plague has been visiting our server. He is hacking every single time however that is not even close to the major issue. When he gets on, he spams links in the chat of a little girl being sexually abused. The worst part about the links is that they auto opened in the staff relay forcing anyone looking in the relay to see them.

He gets muted immediately and then he gets banned within a minute if not seconds every time. We generally find an alt or two as well and ban them before he even enters the server with them. In some cases, I am able to grab an IP address before as well if I happen to be on at the time, he likes to disconnect and reconnect if he gets muted, and get those banned as well.

We have worked with other gmod communities that have also been plagued by him and have gotten several accounts and IPs banned before he can even think about joining. We have reported the accounts on steam, discord accounts on discord, and have tried reporting him to the authorities on more than one occasion. Two months ago, the alts stopped as well as the links so we thought he may have finally been caught, however this past week has proven otherwise.

The first few months it was me and Nicol working in the group discord while mods kept an eye out in relay as well as discord staff. When Nicol retired, Battons took his place in the group discord. Being the only admin of PH, I have only been able to acquire a few IPs as you have to be on at the time to get them.

Enter this past week or two with Jammin and Matt added to their respective roles. Jammin has been reliable at stopping the links immediately from popping up and Matt has been able to get Dink, with help from Russ, to add a word blocker. Even with all links blocked, this guy is still finding ways to enter the server and post them. The only main benefit that the blocker has brought is that the images can no longer open in relay.

The accounts banned on this character are well over 50 at this point in time with several IPs banned as well. To him, this is a game, some of the alts are connected while others are completely on their own. No matter what we have done up to this point, he still kept on appearing, including yesterday.

Yes, a number of staff, including upper staff are on edge or have been on edge for quite some time. Add in the poor timing of the events of last night and it was only going to create disaster. The images of a child are locked into our minds every time he appears, every time a pedo "joke" is made, and any time a pedo situation on the server or in the community occurs. In fact, it was one of the major reasons I left admin in the first place as I was tired of seeing everything repeatedly.

I do not believe that Rand meant anything "heinous" but it most certainly was not the time.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

Messages In This Thread
he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by TheUltraFish - 06-22-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by David - 06-22-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:28 PM