Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
he is expecting this to be appealed
(06-22-2021, 09:03 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: The amount of spam in that chat was not just fucking around. A lot of threads were quoted, a thread was made, supposedly there was some pre agreement that you would back down plus the group creation of the thread says that this was a pre planned night.

Don't know where you heard that from. The only thing even remotely related to "backing down" that was mentioned was us not even doing this if we knew about the level of stress the admins are currently under. We started typing in general and it escalated from there. You keep pushing this narrative that this was a pre-planned thing and we all conspired to raid the discord and ruin everyone's fun, and it simply isn't true. We did it on the fly and that's that. The forum post wasn't related at all and I'm extremely confused as to why you think it is.

Whatever the reason, jammin issuing only two bans was extremely light considering the amount of times some of the players have caused or been part of similar issues. This stress or admins being on edge was not taken out on 4 random players just vibing in discord. 2 temp bans and a few warnings on discord were issued plus an overnight ban for forums. That’s it. In 17, 18 when a few of you joined you would have just been gone over something like this for quite a time. Many of you were previous mods or admins and all adults. So was this normal just hanging out in discord behavior?

For us, yes, that is normal "just hanging out in discord behavior." Don't believe me? Hang out with us in a vc for a day. Or ask anyone who knows us. Last night was 100% over the top, yes, but I still feel as if a simple "hey, knock it off" would've sufficed. Nothing to say as for the discord warnings, but the bans don't reflect the severity of the crime. (fyi: it wasnt that serious)

As for the forum bans, that was a huge overstep. What happened on the discord was unrelated to the forums and you banned all 4 of us on the assumption that we would take it there after the discord shit cooled down.

To rands ban - I believe you backed out yet at the same time you just came off a discord ban for similar “drama” reasons. Maybe this wouldn’t normally warrant more than a month under other circumstances but I also don’t like decreasing ban times on similar infractions. Ultimately for your ban concerning discord, I’m split. I will acknowledge I’m a lot more heavy handed this week but I do think we’ve stopped making an impression with bans or moderation and just slap on the wrist for years in a row. Y’all jumped in and broke rules of spam and either evading slurs and tagging older ones. I really don’t know what to tell you.

Gonna let Rand respond to that.
my responses are in joe biden

Messages In This Thread
he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by David - 06-22-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by Dinkleberg's Drama Tierlist - 06-22-2021, 09:28 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:28 PM