Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
he is expecting this to be appealed
Posting this on the behalf of someone who wishes to remain anonymous.

Would it not be much simpler to have the member(s) in question sit down with staff and discuss these problems ? Forums is a way to do that but it seems ineffective for problems like these. If the member(s) and staff could talk in a separate discord call or the audience/stage thing (whatever it's called), problems can be sorted out faster and more effectively. Of course, community input is also important but it seems like the community doesn't like to give their input because they are friends with both staff and the troublemakers, scared of the staff, scared of what the community has to say, or they don't care to comment. Majority of this unban request is a back and forth between the people who banned Rand and the members who were there with Rand. Correct me if i'm wrong but there were a lot more people that witnessed this, right ? Community input won't work on this so why not get in a vc and talk about this ?

Semi-related. Let's address the toxicity, I mean transparency in the community. There is little to no transparency. The people that kept bringing up the pedos didn't know about the cp guy that plagued the servers. (My condolences to anyone who had to see the heinous post. Thank you to the staff that are always quick on banning that guy and trying to keep him away from the servers. I truly thank you for continuing to put yourself through this so others don't have to see it.) If the member(s) were told about the cp guy, im sure their stance on bringing up the pedos would change. I'm sure if they were told, they would have stopped. I'm also sure that the member(s) would have stopped if someone had said something and warned them or asked them to stop.

I have an idea for both sides to understand each other and I also wanna bring up Staff Chat/Staff Chat Leaks since this is Rand's unban request and his previous ban was for this. It seems fitting to me. Would it not be much simpler to have staff talk to the players who are causing chaos as opposed to sitting in their den talking about the players. I propose an idea, an idea that everyone could be happy with. If a thread where it seems like it's going to cause drama or an unban request that is more than a simple "Ok, just don't do it again" pops up, why not head to a discord dm/vc ? This can A. Get rid of the majority of staff chat leaks and B. Be more effective than a forum post. Threads won't have to last hours just to be locked. Instead, it can simply be dealt with in a vc call for an hour or 2. Both sides can tell their side of the story and both sides will know what each other thinks. A lot of what is said in the Forum Posts doesn't fully reflect the posters thoughts. Staff Chat on the other hand, has a lot more input and opinion than the Thread. So why not use dms to express all opinions and have a better understanding of each others sides ? Leaks won't need to happen in order for the member to understand the entire thought of the staff and problems that can be solved in an hour won't last days.

Messages In This Thread
he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 04:20 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by David - 06-22-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by boob - 06-22-2021, 09:28 PM
RE: he is expecting this to be appealed - by Dinkleberg's Drama Tierlist - 06-23-2021, 05:12 AM