Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the need for transparency?
(06-24-2021, 12:20 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: THe name of the post was made because of a comment that Laced made calling for more transparency when we've done that. 
I have made no such comment myself. However, I did post a comment from a member who wished to remain anonymous that did talk about transparency. That post does not reflect my views and values and to suggest so is horribly irresponsible of you.

This entire issue has been molded into something it originally wasn't even about, (which, if you think about it, is the exact thing that happened to start all this) and I'm bewildered at the amount of people who are acting like we should have known about certain things going on when we quite literally couldn't have known. A simple "knock it off, we have serious shit going on rn and you're only adding to the stress" would've sufficed. 

The people currently bickering about transparency must have missed the last few months at the very least as we've had a more transparent admin team than any other. I agree not everything needs to be made public and I think most of the community agrees on that, so I'm unsure why that's even a talking point.

I'm tired and probably making word soup with my thoughts so excuse me if that whole post looks stupid
(06-24-2021, 04:43 AM)Dinkleberg's Drama Tierlist Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 12:20 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: THe name of the post was made because of a comment that Laced made calling for more transparency when we've done that. 
I have made no such comment myself. However, I did post a comment from a member who wished to remain anonymous that did talk about transparency. That post does not reflect my views and values and to suggest so is horribly irresponsible of you.

This is the comment/paragraph that made me write the title. If I'm wrong then mb.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(06-24-2021, 05:10 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 04:43 AM)Dinkleberg's Drama Tierlist Wrote:

This is the comment/paragraph that made me write the title. If I'm wrong then mb.
That is part of the thing I was posting on someone else's behalf.
Either way. I was merely explaining where the title came from. It was late-ish when I wrote the thread and even later when I made that comment. Still stands that it came from a post you wrote. Will fix in the answer thoiugh.

edit: Fuck the quote system.
things that we're gonna do: have a discussion on this, like we are doing, that's mostly positive, where people can actually get a basis on people's thoughts and feelings on any matter

things we're not gonna do: group a bunch of people together that very much avoid being negative to anyone in the community on a malicious level, i.e. anyone making anyone feel uncomfortable being here or outright bullying people negatively and not stopping if it's made known they don't like it, and banning them as a group of trolls when they avoid making all the jokes that actually get people down in the dumps, and don't get these repeated chances that are fabled that are afforded to people like rylo or aethor (well, laced as had a few, but have you seen him? absolute puppy dog eyes)

and we're not just going to sit behind doors closed off to one another and talk shit constantly, if you want to be less than cordial, have that energy in both places, not just where i can't see
cough.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Im still confused on why people are mad about a tier list? Like last i looked at the thread all the comments were was lets make a Dinkleberg's iceberg(not derailed cuz one of u mentioned it)
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(06-24-2021, 07:30 AM)Techincals skit Wrote: Im still confused on why people are mad about a tier list? Like last i looked at the thread all the comments were was lets make a Dinkleberg's iceberg(not derailed cuz one of u mentioned it)

I thought it was pretty funny.. most of the stuff on that tier list is completely irrelevant right now.. minus maybe the pedo stuff, but I like looking back at the weird shit that's happened over the years and laughing at it
Then slap it in shitposting and laugh there. It doesn't need to be front and center on our forums, nor does it need to be a community discussion.
(06-24-2021, 08:43 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: Then slap it in shitposting and laugh there. It doesn't need to be front and center on our forums, nor does it need to be a community discussion.

Ok but where was the problem on the forums? It was an informative post as well as a joke tier list plus a nontoxic comment section from when i saw it last.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(06-24-2021, 09:19 AM)Techincals skit Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 08:43 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: Then slap it in shitposting and laugh there. It doesn't need to be front and center on our forums, nor does it need to be a community discussion.

Ok but where was the problem on the forums? It was an informative post as well as a joke tier list plus a nontoxic comment section from when i saw it last.

Digging up many of the more controversial, dramatic, and or dark moments in the community to make light of and then google doc the woes and opinions of the writers over it while spamming the shit out of the discord to create another mess is not a mature analysis of the server history but rather the product of a group that got bored and wanted some entertainment at the expense of others. The ongoing issue for ph they may not have known about but has become and excuse to say that the admins have overreached. The difference in action perhaps would have been a moderation or suspension of posting, yet I have made every effort to point out that I will not play it soft and roll over to this behavior just because it has become increasingly acceptable over the last couple of years. And overnight ban for such actions was a direct action given the totality of the circumstances, and barely inconvenienced the players vs the impact they have had. 11 hours and more has been spent defending the nonsense that occurred.  Discord was light as well, a bare slap on the wrist for individuals who have been here and surrounded by these controversies for 3 and 4 years.
^ the end result for discord. The initial ban was determined to be too long

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon