Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the need for transparency?
So I never actually saw any of the shit that went down in the discord or the post on the forum (the one with the tiers on it) as all of this happened while I was asleep. (stupid time zones) but I do want to say a little about this transparency topic and staffing.

So no, it is unlikely that any of the group involved in the incident would have known about what we have been dealing with in regards to the CP attacks. No we haven't made any kind of announcement about it (why would we?) however we were not hiding it, many members of the PH community knew about it because they were unfortunate enough to be on server when the guy attacks. (He's never on there long as it is always dealt with ASAP) Obviously all of our PH staff are aware and the upper staff on the other servers are too because when we get an account it gets banned everywhere. With only one admin for PH the other admins have been helping us out when Fish is unavailable, which we are grateful for.

This is a complex online world with a variety of people who have different backgrounds, views, sense of humour, ages etc etc. Yes people should be free to have fun and mess around, this is after all a gaming community. We are never all going to agree on what is funny, we are not all going to agree on what is appropriate to talk about within the forum and discord. However, if you are told by a discord, server or forum staff member to stop doing something, it's for a good reason, they are trying carry out the role given to them. 

The situation with staff members having to be banished due to their behaviour has been really draining on all of us, people think it's hilarious and as you can see from the screens Nicky posted there are a few who like to bring it up regularly. It's easy for them to laugh, they were far removed from it and it's just a joke to them. Am I glad they are both gone? Yes. Does that make it easier to get my head around the fact that I was spending time with people who were lying to us, hiding shit from us and doing something that makes me sick? No. 

I've been in this community almost 3 years so not as long as some but more than others. I've seen and been involved in my fair share of drama. What's done is done, personally I see very little point in dragging up the past. I only look forward. 

I genuinely wish that I could be more involved with the whole community and not just PH but most of the time I feel totally uncomfortable as there seems to be this weird divide between the servers, as if they are rivals. I care about this community, as corny as it sounds it has changed many parts of my life. I want to make it a better place for everyone but in turn the members of this community need to work with us and tell us how they want to see it improved. No more finger pointing, blame game or using ambiguous words. 

What do you actually want?

P.S. I'm willing to set up or take part in discussions if you do want real change. A forum thread derails far too fast for effective discussions.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
(06-24-2021, 09:34 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 09:19 AM)Techincals skit Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 08:43 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: Then slap it in shitposting and laugh there. It doesn't need to be front and center on our forums, nor does it need to be a community discussion.

Ok but where was the problem on the forums? It was an informative post as well as a joke tier list plus a nontoxic comment section from when i saw it last.

Digging up many of the more controversial, dramatic, and or dark moments in the community to make light of and then google doc the woes and opinions of the writers over it while spamming the shit out of the discord to create another mess is not a mature analysis of the server history but rather the product of a group that got bored and wanted some entertainment at the expense of others. 
The ongoing issue for ph they may not have known about but has become and excuse to say that the admins have overreached. The difference in action perhaps would have been a moderation or suspension of posting, yet I have made every effort to point out that I will not play it soft and roll over to this behavior just because it has become increasingly acceptable over the last couple of years. Discord was light handed as well, a bare slap on the wrist for individuals who have been here and surrounded by these controversies for 3 and 4 years.
^ the end result. The initial ban was determined to be too long
I'll edit this with a full response later when I'm off of work, but for now I'll just point out that despite being told otherwise by multiple people, you and several others continue to push this nonsense about us wanting to create a mess and the forum post and discord "raid" being linked together, and it simply isn't true, no matter how much you want it to be.
This basically sounds like you trying to leverage outing pedophiles in return for people to stop making jokes.

"If you guys don't stop making jokes, then we're not gonna be transparent and inform the community that there was an individual sexually targeting minors (and in some cases, actually organizing meet ups.)"

Are you serious? This is the nastiest, most arrogant thing I've seen in the last few months aside from the pedos themselves. You want to limit exposure, keep people in the dark about a pedophile because your feelings are hurt? Even worse, in most cases thee pedophile had power within the community. By exposing them to the community, you are basically telling people "Hey stay away from this guy / girl" and you help prevent future cases and help prevent another minor from being targeted.

But I guess y'alls ego is worth much more than that. Pathetic honestly, get a grip.

Who cares if someone makes a joke? Pedophiles deserve to be made fun of. They're pedophiles. (They deserve a lot worse) People deal with events in a variety of ways, one of those ways being humor. If you want to limit the amount of "PH stands for Pedo Hub!!" or "Shut down dinks and we'll never have a pedo again" jokes, then do it. Not at the expense of letting the community know that there are bad people running around.

EDIT: Also, it's extremely weird to me how a lot of you guys are looking at this through the lens of "Garrys Mod". Things like "There's a divide between servers, between PH and TTT" and "stop stirring up drama on discord" etc. This is about the alarming number of pedophiles that have been lurking on the servers. I think its safe to say this transcends a video game, and it has nothing to do with TTT vs PH. No one likes pedophiles. Focus on the problem.

Finally, you're GMOD staff. Stop acting like you guys are a marginalized minorities that have it so bad. "Everyone is so mean to us!!!!" and "Staff are disrespected!!!" So what? Most of you guys are 18+ years old. I get that people are dicks on the internet, but jesus some of you whine so much about it.

Also, if two of your "friends" have ended up being pedophiles it's probably safe to say you need to choose your friends better...
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(06-24-2021, 09:58 AM)[pink] Pixie Soldier Wrote: P.S. I'm willing to set up or take part in discussions if you do want real change. A forum thread derails far too fast for effective discussions.

On the topic of transparency.. apparently forum posts derail "too fast for effective discussions", yet every time someone wants to discuss something remotely controversial in the community Discord server they are told to "drop it" 90% of the time? Who are people supposed to talk to, the wall?
Inb4 thread closed!

EDIT: Ape gang along with Zuboba do not support pedophiles, plz unban.
(06-24-2021, 10:26 AM)jax Wrote: This basically sounds like you trying to leverage outing pedophiles in return for people to stop making jokes.

"If you guys don't stop making jokes, then we're not gonna be transparent and inform the community that there was an individual sexually targeting minors (and in some cases, actually organizing meet ups.)"

Are you serious? This is the nastiest, most arrogant thing I've seen in the last few months aside from the pedos themselves. You want to limit exposure, keep people in the dark about a pedophile because your feelings are hurt? Even worse, in most cases thee pedophile had power within the community. By exposing them to the community, you are basically telling people "Hey stay away from this guy / girl" and you help prevent future cases and help prevent another minor from being targeted.

But I guess y'alls ego is worth much more than that. Pathetic honestly, get a grip.

Who cares if someone makes a joke? Pedophiles deserve to be made fun of. They're pedophiles. (They deserve a lot worse) People deal with events in a variety of ways, one of those ways being humor. If you want to limit the amount of "PH stands for Pedo Hub!!" or "Shut down dinks and we'll never have a pedo again" jokes, then do it. Not at the expense of letting the community know that there are bad people running around.

EDIT: Also, it's extremely weird to me how a lot of you guys are looking at this through the lens of "Garrys Mod". Things like "There's a divide between servers, between PH and TTT" and "stop stirring up drama on discord" etc. This is about the alarming number of pedophiles that have been lurking on the servers. I think its safe to say this transcends a video game, and it has nothing to do with TTT vs PH. No one likes pedophiles. Focus on the problem.

Finally, you're GMOD staff. Stop acting like you guys are a marginalized minorities that have it so bad. "Everyone is so mean to us!!!!" and "Staff are disrespected!!!" So what? Most of you guys are 18+ years old. I get that people are dicks on the internet, but jesus some of you whine so much about it.

Also, if two of your "friends" have ended up being pedophiles it's probably safe to say you need to choose your friends better...

I will respectfully respond to say that I believe there may be some misinterpretations in this post.

We will absolutely always remove individuals who we have proof of having engaged in illegal activity with children. We will make sure their existence in this community dissolves in totality. We will also ensure that government organizations and other communities are aware of an individual's illegal conduct.

The creatures who engage in illegal conduct with children are not human. But you must remember that the individuals from PH were only banned either a few weeks or a few months ago. The wounds are still fresh for many PH staff and players alike (unlike someone like Rippe from 4+ years ago). People were friends with these individuals and feel betrayed about learning about the truth about them. Even more, some PH people feel guilty about it all. The internet is a place where anyone can be whoever they want, and that, unfortunately, means that some individuals can mask who they are for some time. The constant reminders with the CP guy that has been terrorizing PH for months certainly do not help. Then individuals make light of the situation and make outrageous and wildly offensive claims that "All staff are pedos" or that PH stands for "Pedo Hub."

If the community demands that the staff team be responsible for ensuring transparency, I think it is fair to ask that it comes with a concurrent responsibility for the players. That responsibility is to be respectful and understanding of serious situations. Not everything is a huge meme. No one in the staff team, however, is going to "hold hostage" the information about a known pedophile. That information will be provided no matter what.
(06-24-2021, 11:36 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 10:26 AM)jax Wrote: This basically sounds like you trying to leverage outing pedophiles in return for people to stop making jokes.

I will respectfully respond to say that I believe there may be some misinterpretations in this post.

We will absolutely always remove individuals who we have proof of having engaged in illegal activity with children. We will make sure their existence in this community dissolves in totality. We will also ensure that government organizations and other communities are aware of an individual's illegal conduct.

The creatures who engage in illegal conduct with children are not human. But you must remember that the individuals from PH were only banned either a few weeks or a few months ago. The wounds are still fresh for many PH staff and players alike (unlike someone like Rippe from 4+ years ago). People were friends with these individuals and feel betrayed about learning about the truth about them. Even more, some PH people feel guilty about it all. The internet is a place where anyone can be whoever they want, and that, unfortunately, means that some individuals can mask who they are for some time. The constant reminders with the CP guy that has been terrorizing PH for months certainly do not help. Then individuals make light of the situation and make outrageous and wildly offensive claims that "All staff are pedos" or that PH stands for "Pedo Hub."

If the community demands that the staff team be responsible for ensuring transparency, I think it is fair to ask that it comes with a concurrent responsibility for the players. That responsibility is to be respectful and understanding of serious situations. Not everything is a huge meme.  No one in the staff team, however, is going to "hold hostage" the information about a known pedophile. That information will be provided no matter what.

Sure, that's why I included this caveat "If you want to limit the amount of "PH stands for Pedo Hub!!" or "Shut down dinks and we'll never have a pedo again" jokes, then do it. Not at the expense of letting the community know that there are bad people running around."

(06-24-2021, 11:06 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 09:58 AM)[pink] Pixie Soldier Wrote: P.S. I'm willing to set up or take part in discussions if you do want real change. A forum thread derails far too fast for effective discussions.

On the topic of transparency.. apparently forum posts derail "too fast for effective discussions", yet every time someone wants to discuss something remotely controversial in the community Discord server they are told to "drop it" 90% of the time? Who are people supposed to talk to, the wall?

They do, people who want to just shitpost get in the way of effective discussions for the most part and then the thread ends up locked with nothing resolved. I literally just said I'm willing to talk about it and discuss it. The discord chat channels are even worse for it tbh so something else is clearly needed. I said I'm willing to help with that.

(06-24-2021, 11:41 AM)jax Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 11:36 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:

If the community demands that the staff team be responsible for ensuring transparency, I think it is fair to ask that it comes with a concurrent responsibility for the players. That responsibility is to be respectful and understanding of serious situations. Not everything is a huge meme.  No one in the staff team, however, is going to "hold hostage" the information about a known pedophile. That information will be provided no matter what.

Sure, that's why I included this caveat "If you want to limit the amount of "PH stands for Pedo Hub!!" or "Shut down dinks and we'll never have a pedo again" jokes, then do it. Not at the expense of letting the community know that there are bad people running around."

Both members of staff were removed from the entire community as soon as we knew what was really going on and a forum post/announcement made so everyone knew what had happened, don't understand how we could have let people know faster. We had no idea anything like this was going on before that so they were treated like anyone else, how exactly were we to know. Do you know all of your internet friends 100% or even your real life friends. People are good at hiding shit from others and it unfortunately took a lot of time find out what was really going on. 
(06-24-2021, 01:05 PM)[pink] Pixie Soldier Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 11:06 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

They do, people who want to just shitpost get in the way of effective discussions for the most part and then the thread ends up locked with nothing resolved. I literally just said I'm willing to talk about it and discuss it. The discord chat channels are even worse for it tbh so something else is clearly needed. I said I'm willing to help with that.

(06-24-2021, 11:41 AM)jax Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 11:36 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: [quote="jax" pid="110945" dateline="1624548373"]
-snip-

-snip-

Both members of staff were removed from the entire community as soon as we knew what was really going on and a forum post/announcement made so everyone knew what had happened, don't understand how we could have let people know faster. We had no idea anything like this was going on before that so they were treated like anyone else, how exactly were we to know. Do you know all of your internet friends 100% or even your real life friends. People are good at hiding shit from others and it unfortunately took a lot of time find out what was really going on. 

I never said anything about how the previous two members were handled. My response is in regards to Travis's idea that "if you keep making jokes, we shouldn't have to be transparent." For future cases.
Quote:I never said anything about how the previous two members were handled. My response is in regards to Travis's idea that "if you keep making jokes, we shouldn't have to be transparent." For future cases.

Apologies I've misinterpreted that.