Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the need for transparency?
(06-24-2021, 11:36 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 10:26 AM)jax Wrote: This basically sounds like you trying to leverage outing pedophiles in return for people to stop making jokes.

"If you guys don't stop making jokes, then we're not gonna be transparent and inform the community that there was an individual sexually targeting minors (and in some cases, actually organizing meet ups.)"

Are you serious? This is the nastiest, most arrogant thing I've seen in the last few months aside from the pedos themselves. You want to limit exposure, keep people in the dark about a pedophile because your feelings are hurt? Even worse, in most cases thee pedophile had power within the community. By exposing them to the community, you are basically telling people "Hey stay away from this guy / girl" and you help prevent future cases and help prevent another minor from being targeted.

But I guess y'alls ego is worth much more than that. Pathetic honestly, get a grip.

Who cares if someone makes a joke? Pedophiles deserve to be made fun of. They're pedophiles. (They deserve a lot worse) People deal with events in a variety of ways, one of those ways being humor. If you want to limit the amount of "PH stands for Pedo Hub!!" or "Shut down dinks and we'll never have a pedo again" jokes, then do it. Not at the expense of letting the community know that there are bad people running around.

EDIT: Also, it's extremely weird to me how a lot of you guys are looking at this through the lens of "Garrys Mod". Things like "There's a divide between servers, between PH and TTT" and "stop stirring up drama on discord" etc. This is about the alarming number of pedophiles that have been lurking on the servers. I think its safe to say this transcends a video game, and it has nothing to do with TTT vs PH. No one likes pedophiles. Focus on the problem.

Finally, you're GMOD staff. Stop acting like you guys are a marginalized minorities that have it so bad. "Everyone is so mean to us!!!!" and "Staff are disrespected!!!" So what? Most of you guys are 18+ years old. I get that people are dicks on the internet, but jesus some of you whine so much about it.

Also, if two of your "friends" have ended up being pedophiles it's probably safe to say you need to choose your friends better...

I will respectfully respond to say that I believe there may be some misinterpretations in this post.

We will absolutely always remove individuals who we have proof of having engaged in illegal activity with children. We will make sure their existence in this community dissolves in totality. We will also ensure that government organizations and other communities are aware of an individual's illegal conduct.

The creatures who engage in illegal conduct with children are not human. But you must remember that the individuals from PH were only banned either a few weeks or a few months ago. The wounds are still fresh for many PH staff and players alike (unlike someone like Rippe from 4+ years ago). People were friends with these individuals and feel betrayed about learning about the truth about them. Even more, some PH people feel guilty about it all. The internet is a place where anyone can be whoever they want, and that, unfortunately, means that some individuals can mask who they are for some time. The constant reminders with the CP guy that has been terrorizing PH for months certainly do not help. Then individuals make light of the situation and make outrageous and wildly offensive claims that "All staff are pedos" or that PH stands for "Pedo Hub."

If the community demands that the staff team be responsible for ensuring transparency, I think it is fair to ask that it comes with a concurrent responsibility for the players. That responsibility is to be respectful and understanding of serious situations. Not everything is a huge meme.  No one in the staff team, however, is going to "hold hostage" the information about a known pedophile. That information will be provided no matter what.

Sure, that's why I included this caveat "If you want to limit the amount of "PH stands for Pedo Hub!!" or "Shut down dinks and we'll never have a pedo again" jokes, then do it. Not at the expense of letting the community know that there are bad people running around."

[Image: xdjlve.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by boob - 06-23-2021, 09:31 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by boob - 06-23-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by boob - 06-23-2021, 09:47 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by Gabeolo - 06-23-2021, 09:35 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by Gabeolo - 06-23-2021, 09:56 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by boob - 06-23-2021, 10:27 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by Gabeolo - 06-23-2021, 11:27 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by Gabeolo - 06-23-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by Zenful - 06-23-2021, 11:37 PM
RE: Why the need for transparency? - by dong - 06-23-2021, 11:42 PM