Trail - Hacking Ban
Ingame Name: Trail

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:7054653

Who Banned You: Prince Nicky

Reason For Ban: Hacking

Length of Ban: Perma

Reason for Admins to Unban: 
Evidence Brought Against Me

The video itself does not actually show my true perspective. There are a quite a few issues with TTT spectating, as it is not a totally accurate reflection of what the actual player playing can see on their screen.

It was the last innocent and my radar updates as soon as I go into the green room after I kill the other inno.

I actually see Flippy round the corner on my screen, but it is now shown in the video. This is where it seems as though I am tracking him through the wall.

1. Where my crosshair is placed in the video is not really accurate. My crosshair was actually moving around and ends up aimed more to the right, hugging the wall in case he were to come around that corner he just passed and pre-aiming the hallway.
2. You can actually see his companion/pet following far behind him in the video, but his player model is desycned with it (the server has a bug where you can only see the persons jetpack, parts of their skin, and their accessories at their last location? not totally sure how it works)
I definitely saw flippy round that corner, and I shot at him because I could actually SEE him and his wookie player model before he actually entered that door (on my screen, his head was here).

When I killed him I had actually peaked from around the door first. There is a brief moment where you see me standing still not firing at all, and during this period I had actually moved left out of his line of site, readjusted my aim and quickly peaked back to HS him.
This movement to the left side of the door isn't reflected in the video until after I actually kill him.

I honestly encourage watching anybody good at this game in first person spec and watch how sus it seems. Spectating in TTT leaves out important frames and has sync issues and, like I said prior, is not always an accurate reflection of what I can see.

I definitely saw him round the corner and his jetpack get suck and I saw his player model before he entered that room. You can keep a consistent watch at my hooktables and grab my actual screen whenever you want, you would find nothing. Because I am certainly not a hacker. If anything, you might see some nasty flicks, but I can attribute that to nearly 2.3k hours in the godforsaken game mode.

If anything, I don't think one clip that falls prey to some desync and spectator lag is necessarily damning. I assure you of my innocence, and if you have ever played against me in TTT, you would know I actually fucking suck apart from maybe a few lucky rounds.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: My vac ban comes from messing around with Mw2 modded lobbies nearly 7 or so years ago.
Hi Trail,

A few other staff members and myself, as well as a few regular players, reviewed the evidence that you were kind enough to include in your unban request. Based on an assessment of that evidence, the conclusion was that it appeared that you were cheating.

If that is not the case, then I apologize.

I do not have much else to add to this unban request and welcome anyone else to post their perspectives.

Thanks,
Nicky
This really really looks like aim key to me but honestly I think there's enough obfuscation that you cant just make this kind of decision off of one clip. Gonna stay neutral on this tbh.
After a second look at this, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe there is something, maybe there isn't. This clip isn't enough, +1 unban
After using the desync from when you shot him in the head as a reference point, I do think it was plausible that you saw him before he entered the room.
+1 for unban but accompanied with some careful monitoring

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
Video definitely looks sus but your argument lines up.. you've been on the gmod scene for a while so im willing to believe you +1
(07-09-2021, 08:46 PM)Trail Wrote: Ingame Name: Trail

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:7054653

Who Banned You: Prince Nicky

Reason For Ban: Hacking

Length of Ban: Perma

Reason for Admins to Unban: 
Evidence Brought Against Me

The video itself does not actually show my true perspective. There are a quite a few issues with TTT spectating, as it is not a totally accurate reflection of what the actual player playing can see on their screen.

It was the last innocent and my radar updates as soon as I go into the green room after I kill the other inno.

I actually see Flippy round the corner on my screen, but it is now shown in the video. This is where it seems as though I am tracking him through the wall.

1. Where my crosshair is placed in the video is not really accurate. My crosshair was actually moving around and ends up aimed more to the right, hugging the wall in case he were to come around that corner he just passed and pre-aiming the hallway.
2. You can actually see his companion/pet following far behind him in the video, but his player model is desycned with it (the server has a bug where you can only see the persons jetpack, parts of their skin, and their accessories at their last location? not totally sure how it works)
I definitely saw flippy round that corner, and I shot at him because I could actually SEE him and his wookie player model before he actually entered that door (on my screen, his head was here).

When I killed him I had actually peaked from around the door first. There is a brief moment where you see me standing still not firing at all, and during this period I had actually moved left out of his line of site, readjusted my aim and quickly peaked back to HS him.
This movement to the left side of the door isn't reflected in the video until after I actually kill him.

I honestly encourage watching anybody good at this game in first person spec and watch how sus it seems. Spectating in TTT leaves out important frames and has sync issues and, like I said prior, is not always an accurate reflection of what I can see.

I definitely saw him round the corner and his jetpack get suck and I saw his player model before he entered that room. You can keep a consistent watch at my hooktables and grab my actual screen whenever you want, you would find nothing. Because I am certainly not a hacker. If anything, you might see some nasty flicks, but I can attribute that to nearly 2.3k hours in the godforsaken game mode.

If anything, I don't think one clip that falls prey to some desync and spectator lag is necessarily damning. I assure you of my innocence, and if you have ever played against me in TTT, you would know I actually fucking suck apart from maybe a few lucky rounds.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: My vac ban comes from messing around with Mw2 modded lobbies nearly 7 or so years ago.
So recently there seems to have been a resurgence in gmod cheating. So I've decided to do some research on how to stop it, what types there are, and the names of the features.

If we watch when you kill Mocha, lets have a look at where you're aiming vs where your bullets spread. If we  watch the hitmarkers on the body and the ground (the sprites of blood and sparks from bullets) you can see that before the screen moves to indicate that you have moved your mouse, your path of fire changes. This is not possible in any circumstance, even in a 15 tick replay demo, and especially not while spectating live in the match. The only way this is possible is with a feature called Silent Aim, this feature allows the aimbot to move the direction of fire without you having to move your mouse. This is clearly displayed here. You are also using NoSpread, which is where the bullets shoot directly (or as close as possible without an anticheat picking it up) where you aim without spread or at least minimal spread. This is clearly shown in both instances where you were shooting at people as your bullets followed each-other where the direction of fire is, they do not spread out as they are supposed to. Now, as for the flick in the deagle shot, this is because the FOV of the silent aim is set too high so when you used your toggle key to toggle from aim assist to aim bot to ensure the win, it immediately flicked because silent aim isn't very well concealed from spectators.

Here's one of the videos of what I watched which you should all watch before making any assumptions towards unbanning this individual.

-1 Do not unban, he's lying to all of you like others are on this server.
(07-11-2021, 01:34 AM)raw nug eater Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 08:46 PM)Trail Wrote: snip
So recently there seems to have been a resurgence in gmod cheating. So I've decided to do some research on how to stop it, what types there are, and the names of the features.

If we watch when you kill Mocha, lets have a look at where you're aiming vs where your bullets spread. If we  watch the hitmarkers on the body and the ground (the sprites of blood and sparks from bullets) you can see that before the screen moves to indicate that you have moved your mouse, your path of fire changes. This is not possible in any circumstance, even in a 15 tick replay demo, and especially not while spectating live in the match. The only way this is possible is with a feature called Silent Aim, this feature allows the aimbot to move the direction of fire without you having to move your mouse. This is clearly displayed here. You are also using NoSpread, which is where the bullets shoot directly (or as close as possible without an anticheat picking it up) where you aim without spread or at least minimal spread. This is clearly shown in both instances where you were shooting at people as your bullets followed each-other where the direction of fire is, they do not spread out as they are supposed to. Now, as for the flick in the deagle shot, this is because the FOV of the silent aim is set too high so when you used your toggle key to toggle from aim assist to aim bot to ensure the win, it immediately flicked because silent aim isn't very well concealed from spectators.

Here's one of the videos of what I watched which you should all watch before making any assumptions towards unbanning this individual.

-1 Do not unban, he's lying to all of you like others are on this server.
The crosshair not lining up with the path of fire is in now way indictive of cheating on its own, spend any amount of time spectating and you'll see this behavior with both people shooting and people carrying props (the video you linked also demonstrates that silent aim only appears as silent aim client side ie silent aim only exists as a quality of life feature for hack clients). As for the nospread accusations, the clip of him shooting mocha does indeed show the amount of spread one would expect from the mac10 at that range

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
(07-11-2021, 01:34 AM)raw nug eater Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 08:46 PM)Trail Wrote: ~snip~
~snip~
csgo and gmod spectators are very different csgo spectator is more of less accurate 99% of the time where as gmod is quite inaccurate 95% of the time
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
After reviewing everything presented to me here I think it would be best to unban you. It is heavily suspicious however so I will let you know we will be keeping a close monitor to ensure that you aren't actually cheating. I appreciate your well thought out response and definitely makes my job a lot easier. Unban accepted.